Dong Hyun Kim vs Demian Maia

Broad Blade

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Who wins this one?

I remember back in hearing one of Demian's old prehype video against DHK, and he was actually somewhat worried about the Dong's size and strength. That first fight was an obvious fluke, and judging how Maia fought against Shields(which was a valiant effort) I thought age caught up with him a little bit, or his strength was mistaken for his technique.

I've always thought the Dong was a better grappler than Maia, but I think now Maia is the one has has an edge in technique, and Dong has the edge in physicality. The Jake Shields is a perfect example that I'm elluding to, which is why I still think the Dong will win against Maia...

Great match to make, Steel Dong deserves it

Scary if he tightened him his defense and offensive striking, would be a force

DHK maybe takes an early round due to his non-submission grappling. Maybe.

He gasses early-midway as Maia makes it a grueling clinch battle and takes over, comfortably winning at least the last 3 rounds.

Last edited:
DHK deserves the rematch.

Those wins are so flukey.

Maia won't be KO'ing The Dong with his pillow hands. We just saw Shields outgrapple Maia who was supposed to be the best grappler in the UFC.

If it's in the USA then The Dong gives Maia the D. If it's in Brasil then Maia wins via The Dong's stamina going limp in the first 2 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back