Dong-Hyun Kim Takedown Defense and Judo

Pink Butterfly**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was anyone amazed at that? I posted an interview about Kim where Okami and Akiyama where saying they couldn't take Kim down during training. I thought they were just being polite. But, wow.

Thoughts?

4h5cwk.jpg

2ewjzwj.gif

I am glad he and Yoshida won. Often people think asian fighters are cans if there name isn't KID or GOMI

Was anyone amazed at that? I posted an interview about Kim where Okami and Akiyama where saying they couldn't take Kim down during training. I thought they were just being polite. But, wow.

Thoughts?

4h5cwk.jpg

2ewjzwj.gif

I am glad he and Yoshida won. Often people think asian fighters are cans if there name isn't KID or GOMI

He's a 4th dan Black in Judo so he has got experience. Same as Yoshiyuki Yoshida(4th dan).

Where can the Dong-Hyun Kim fight be seen? I didnt see it last nite.

He's a 4th dan Black in Judo so he has got experience. Same as Yoshiyuki Yoshida(4th dan).

Where can the Dong-Hyun Kim fight be seen? I didnt see it last nite.

think his yong in univerisity background has more to do with his ability than his dan...

I wanna fucking see this fight so bad.

That goes to show you what happens when you don't do your homework before a fight. Tan tried for the takedown immediately.

It was a goddamn beatdown lol.

That was a fun fight to watch, even tho very one-sided.

korean pride baby...lol

That hook he caught tan with during tan's td attempt was money.

think his yong in univerisity background has more to do with his ability than his dan...

QFT...

Yong In has mad fucking collegiate combatives programs AND competitive teams. I only wish there was similar university programs in the U.S.

it's very cool to see the ufc bringing these guys in

definitely impressed by the sprawl.... judo kas usually dont have one that good.

man you guys beat me to it... just saw the fight...
is this harai goshi, or some osoto makikomi?

35coink.gif

imo it's either harai goshi or o guruma. I think it's harai, but since the contact is thight to thigh, also since there was no reap, it could be considered an o guruma as well.

karo has used the same throw in a fight, forget against who almost exactly the same

this throw is really common these days, even non judo guys do it. In the same event, Yoshida used it against Koppenhaver and transitioned to an anaconda when Koppenhaver got to all fours.

this throw is really common these days, even non judo guys do it. In the same event, Yoshida used it against Koppenhaver and transitioned to an anaconda when Koppenhaver got to all fours.

Yoshida is a judoka too. Very close to the top in japan when he was younger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back