Dong Haters: Show yourselves and Repent

sure, DHK is lucky in a sense...He's lucky that Silva was sloppy for a split second, but he's also skilled because he slipped a punch with perfectly timed head movement, and managed to land his own BOMB. Lucky is a word that should be reserved for the people that bet money on DHK to win via KO ;D.

how can a punch be lucky if these mma fighters practiced the same punch in the gym over and over again, say a few thousands of times before walking into the cage? lucky is when you go buy a lottery ticket and won the jackpot, thats lucky cuz you never 'practiced' that shit

DHK is a guy known for his grappling and has never showed any sort of standup power before.

I agree that it wasnt purely luck but given the circumstances (him being rocked gassed and losing the standup battle) id say there was an element of luck in that punch.

Great KO though and great win for DHK, would love to see him fight Shields next.

DHK looked good, top 10 for sure

But can we honestly say he has anything for GSP, Condit, Hendricks and MacDonald?

I doubt it.

so everybody here suddenly seems to be gay for the dong?
well can't blame ya, what a money shot.
WAR DONG!

Kim won me some cash last night, stupid that he was the underdog, who had Silva beaten to make him the favourite?!

Had him by decision mainly, didn't expect a KO!

I was very impressed how aggressive he was the entire fight.

He clearly got the message after the Okami cut. And that is great! I just hope he keeps fighting that way and doesn't revert back to the old ways of the korean blanket

Lol this guy has been leading the DHK hater bandwagon for awhile. At least you stick to your guns though. Too bad you're that guy who considers GSP exciting but DHK the epitome of boredom, LOL! *cough* Canadian *cough*

Btw, Silva grabbed the fence more than once, so all I see from you is,

h[/QUOTE]

American jizzing with a korean dong, why?

a rough trans of dong's interview with some korean news site.

how do you feel about the win?
- very happy with this win more so than the previous 8 wins combined.
- was extremely worried and felt pressure to fight in brazil which is a very hostile place for foreign fighters.

your coach said we would see a different version of you before the fight, but we did not expect this much difference.
- coach yang saw that silva's mid-distance striking was dangerous. the plan was not to hesitate and move forward. to be more specific, moving in half a beat faster was a part of the fight plan. also, getting him to fatigue in the 1st round was another part of the plan.

trading punches seemed dangerous.
- shouldve pushed him harder without getting hit but after the 1st round, i realized he was very tough. seemed like he trained lots of clinch and his lower body movement was excellent.

didnt see much of your signature td's.
- i was questioning the strategy up until right before the fight. thought about using the timed td's as usual. however, i realized that i could get hit while going for td's. good thing i trusted the coach.

on the counter you threw.
- practiced it a lot. must duck/weave my head outside to avoid the angle, and absorb less damage even i get hit. thanks to practice, i saw the chance to counter, went for it, and it worked just as it did during the training.

the the punch you took in the 2nd looked dangerous.
- i definitely felt it but i was not in danger of ko at all. the knee kicks hurt a lot however.

spinning elbows?
- tried to fake td and throw the spinners but did not work

will you keep fighting this way?
- it's more dangerous but it's easier than grappling. my lungs feel like theyre ripping apart when i grapple for 3 rounds. i'll change my style as necessary.

joe silva?
- he congratulated me with a smile which had never happened before.

It was a lucky punch in the same way that it was perfectly timed, and executed with knockout power.

I'll be the first to admit, I thought this was going to be another snooze-fest. I am Korean but I couldnt' stand Kim's fighting style. I eat my words after last night.

for all who have repented for their Dong hate, they have been absolved and admitted onto the dong-hugger wagon. for those who continue to live in denial........they will soon be forced to accept the Dong as well.

It was a lucky punch whether you disagree or not. to each his own, but Erik was winning the fight on the stand up and had he avoided getting KO'd Erik would've won by SD.

So he would have won the fight if he didn't lose the fight. Got it.

Don't mess with the Dong, it might explode in your face!

how was it lucky? he said in his interview that he had trained that counter punch alot cuz silva fights the way he does. he was ready...he knew it was coming... yall juss but hurt

Back