• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Donald Cerrone Confirms He'll Only Be Standing and Banging w/ Conor McGregor

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Right out of the Elite XC playbook
<{danayeah}>

Hoping this ends the same way as Kimbo vs Petruzelli

That’s dumb.
Rather put on the best show than win... okay then.
Cowboy been eating some retard sandwiches it appears.
#LeonardGarciaParticipationTrophy

Last edited:
Right out of the Elite XC playbook

Hoping this ends the same way as Kimbo vs Petruzelli
I made this over 10 years ago .. I knew it would come in handy one day :D

seth-kimbo6.JPG

So Cowboy is throwing the fight.... great....

like, really? The people wanna see u stand and bang so that’s what you’re gonna do to a guy that is known to tap to subs in all of his losses??????
People wanna see you lose too Cowboy so they can have their poster boy back. Guess you should probably lose than too. Thanks for wasting a match slot u company man prick.

LOL at Cowboy saying he'd rather lose in a spectacular fashion than win in a standard one.
LOL at Cowboy saying he won't talk about Conor's private shit.
LOL at Cowboy promoting Conor by saying he'll come back stronger than ever.

NO this DOESN'T stink at all!!!

<Oku02>
You forgot the BEST quote though
I’m going out there to put on the line and throw down and give everyone what they want to see.
I read "everyone" as "every owner of the UFC" and it sounds like just that, especially in context with everything else.

I'm now expecting Herb Dean level fight fixing. Cowboy might be getting his pay day after all. And the Conor brigade in full force putting on a showcase against a guy on a losing streak.

Exactly why he was picked cowboy doesnt even give a shit about winning hes just happy to be in there and lick mc tappers anus. ive zero respect for cowboy if he fights like a moron and even less for the other bum getting a title shot off another pathetic hand picked fight.

So Cerrone is throwing the fight for Dana’s backroom bonus without technically “Throwing” the fight, but rather fighting in a way that increases Conor’s chances of success by 75% percent.

I highly doubt Cerrones ever offered an old man a Budweiser, let alone socked him for refusing it. Young people hurting old folk is one of the most egregious fuckeries there is in my opinion. Instead of gaining some wisdom and respecting the path to reach their twilight, punch them in the face unprovoked.

Nvm the other shit of potential gold diggers putting themselves in harms way and all the other shit hes pulled, including potentially accidental shit. You hurt the elderly or the children and youre scum, fuck McGregor.

LOL at Cowboy saying he'd rather lose in a spectacular fashion than win in a standard one.
LOL at Cowboy saying he won't talk about Conor's private shit.
LOL at Cowboy promoting Conor by saying he'll come back stronger than ever.

NO this DOESN'T stink at all!!!

<Oku02>

Alvarez 2.0

not only that, he admitted he won't get paid anything extra for this fight and will get his base contract pay. Talk about wiping the ass of the company that shits on you.

Company shits on him so much to get him a red panty night to start off the new year lol

And it is Dana's intention to gift McGregor another LW title shot off of this fight.

655.gif

About the SAKU vs Ronin gentlemen´s 'agreement':

Here Elvis tellin´a nice story about his 1st fight with SAKU...
Durin´the weigh-in, SAKU kindah 'fooled' him, tellin´him that they would not trade punches durin´the fight, "only ground game"...
And boom... SAKU throwin´a combo & breakin´Elvis´nose...

use.gif

Well yeah, does anyone really think Donald is going in there to win?

You know what, I'm rooting for Cowboy, and tbh I think standing and banging is not a bad idea for. Conor, as much as I don't like him, has very underrated grappling and takedown defense. I don't think it'd matter much if Cowboy decides to take him to the ground. War Cowboy still.

Talks about 170 lbs:
“I think it’s better for both of us,” Cerrone said. “I think you’re going to get a healthy, full training camp for both of us. Smart move on both of us. … He’s a big boy too. Don’t let the weight fool you. He’s a big boy. He’s going to be heavy. Everyone says Conor’s a ’45er. No, he made ’45. He’s coming in big, so don’t think Conor is going to weigh in at 150 pounds and ‘Cowboy’ is going to be a monster. Yeah, right. It’ll probably be dead even.”

Talks about trash talk w/ Conor:
“I’m not going to talk badly about him,” Cerrone said. “I don’t really care. He does his life and whatever he wants to do he can. I’m just as wild and crazy as him, but in a different way. The media keep asking me, ‘What do you think of the trouble he gets in?’ The guy lives under a microscope. Anything he does people want to blow up and make a big deal about it. That’s his life. I would never even dig at something like that. Hell, no.

“Only goddamn thing I’m talking about is fighting only. Anything outside of it – that’s you. You do what you want to do. You want to meet me in the cage and fight – fighting that’s a whole different thing – but I’m not going to bring up anything from the past or anything he’s done outside the octagon. What the dude has done inside of the cage, and what he’s done for the sport is amazing. I’m honored to fight a guy like him and it’s going to be one hell of a battle and I’m looking forward to it.”

Says he will stand because he'd rather have an epic fight:
“I’m going to go out there and stand up with him because that’s what everyone wants to see,” Cerrone said. “Someone said earlier that’s like fighting not to win almost, but hell no. I’d rather go down in history as having the greatest fight ever and losing than fighting to just win and winning. I’m going out there to put on the line and throw down and give everyone what they want to see. To me, that’s what I want my legacy to be. I don’t want to be the guy that took the easy way and just ran the whole fight and tried to point fight. Hell, no. I’m going to stand and try to throw down.”

Donald Cerrone is expecting Dark Eyed Conor:
“(I’m expecting) the same hungry kid there’s always been,” Cerrone said. “He’s coming to knock my head off. There’s a lot weighing on this fight so I’m probably going to get the best Conor McGregor out there.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...ash-talk-conor-mcgregor-ufc-246-standup-fight

Cliffs:
Says that 170lbs is better for both, and that Conor is bigger than most people think.

Says he won't be talking bad about Conor. He's just as crazy as he is but Conor is under a microscope so everything gets blown up

Will only talk about fighting in regards to Conor, not outside of the cage stuff

Would rather give an entertaining fight for everybody to watch (and lose) than go in there and give a boring win (just bleed definition)

Hilarious

This guy can't take Conor down. Conor's grappling is underrated.

This is the guy who went full Sean Sherk on Varner.

conor wanted to fight OLD stand up guy who lost 6 out of last 10 fights.

B league.

domt care too much

If Conor KO's Cowboy, then they can build up Conor again, get the hype train going, get him his title fight, and make 100 mil.
So basically, if you were running the UFC, it would make sense to throw a mil at Cowboy, to make 100 mil.

Back