Don King's Prizefighter New Vids:

Looks a tad better than it did last time. Still more hyped for FNR4, though.

Regrettably I'm not very impressed by those vids.

Regrettably I'm not very impressed by those vids.

I was getting really excited for this. I like the way they are doing the training, but the game play vids really don't look that great.

Yeah, the fluidity doesn't look good to me.

What fighters do they have? I saw Briggs, Calzaghe, Pavlik, Golata, and Peter. Seriously... I want to play some legends. I wouldn't necessarily put any of those guys in the LEGENDARY status. Not even Joe Cal, but he is good.

I was getting really excited for this. I like the way they are doing the training, but the game play vids really don't look that great.

lol. i dunno, this game sounds like they added too much gimmicky shit they didnt need, just to make it appeal to people. I think when it comes around to it, all those added features are going to be tedious and stupid. All just speculation though.

Corrupted judges that make you lose fights? Seriously...think about that one. Is that really the kind of awesome new 'realistic' feature that you want in your new boxing game?

lol. i dunno, this game sounds like they added too much gimmicky shit they didnt need, just to make it appeal to people. I think when it comes around to it, all those added features are going to be tedious and stupid. All just speculation though.

Corrupted judges that make you lose fights? Seriously...think about that one. Is that really the kind of awesome new 'realistic' feature that you want in your new boxing game?

I was thinking about the same thing. Seriously... Who the hell wants that?

Ha, that seems so idiotic.

I remember they had that in the original punchout. I knocked down Soda Popinski twice in every round and left him with just one tick of energy at the end of the third (in other words, one more punch and he would have been done) and he didn't hit me once.

And I lost the decision.

But hey, corrupt judging in a Don King game seems pretty accurate. :)

Joe Louis and larry holmes are in it.

I think it looks cool, the knockouts are way better than in FN, that's for sure.

Ha, that seems so idiotic.

I remember they had that in the original punchout. I knocked down Soda Popinski twice in every round and left him with just one tick of energy at the end of the third (in other words, one more punch and he would have been done) and he didn't hit me once.

And I lost the decision.

But hey, corrupt judging in a Don King game seems pretty accurate. :)

LOL thats what im fucking saying! Its asinine!

The producers musta been high as shit if they thought people are really going to think its cool to have corrupted judges in a game.

"OMG i beat the living shit outta that guy, how did i lose the fight...Corrupted judges??? COOL!"

really?.. really now?..thats what gamers want from their games?? To randomly game over for no apparent reason except the games producers decided to add corrupted judges to make it more realistic for the people playing? Use some fucking common sense JEEZ!

When fans said they wanted a more realistic boxing game, they didnt mean in that aspect of the game. damn how fucking high were they?? They might as well have added injury rehabilitation feature to the game, where if your boxer gets injured, you have to watch your boxer go through slow and painful physical rehab. Because as stupid as that sounds, the corrupted judges idea is almost on par IMO.

i like what they're doing w/ the training. I hate how most boxing games treat training like an afterthought, even tho it's the damn most important part of a fighter's life. The training in FN3, actually the entire Fight Night trilogy, was pathetic, just three stupid things (friggin curls?!?!"). Training should be challenging and engaging, just as it is in real life. For those of us who train, getting in that gym and putting in good work feels great especially after a bad day. Making weight sux but i'm a fitness guy so i like working out.

the gameplay will probably be a mediocre button mash fest since they're not using the analog punch system but since FN4 is coming out and that goon Kudo Tsunoda or whatever his name is isn't on the project anymore, i'm excited.

The gameplay doesnt look good at all. From what I see there it looks clunky as hell and not a patch on FN.

Watch the Golota v Peter fight and Calzaghe v Pavlik.
On the knockdown punches the head doesn't snap (hardly even moves) from the big hooks that connect and cause the KO.
That looks pretty bad, hopefully they can improve on that.
Whatever physics engine that game is using makes the impact of the punches look pretty fake - expect for the jabs and straights, at least then the head can be seen snapping back.
But again, check out especially the Golota v Peter fight with the KO punch. No head movement at all with the impact.

Back