1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Don King is a saint.

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Dr Fong, May 28, 2008.

1. migessy Purple Belt

i think the vatican is going to sanctify Don King some time next yr. yeah Don King has made some of the sports greatest fights and has had some of the greatest fighters under him but for whatever reason everytime i hear his name the following words cross my mind, scum, crook, embezzler overall low life. he does however have a great smile, but i guess after getting away with ripping off his fighters for so much money, he has a reason to smile. im sure he misses tyson and chavez

2. pr0ne2gr8tness Orange Belt

lovely only on sherdog is don king a saint

3. Manu** Banned Banned

Thats what im saying too. People are quick to say boxing is corrupt. UFC has to be corrupt. They pay way less salary then any boxing promoters do. They even ban there sponsors to take away from their highest potential income.

4. Divatologist Orange Belt

Don king is such a hypocrite. Dude has a lot of nerve but if I went into detail id get into big trouble.

Other promoters never treated a boxer like there little workhorse while cheating them out of tens of millions of dollars, He will put asses in seats but you really have to question if its worth working with him.

5. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

the problems with the fight business mma/boxing is that so many guys tolerate the exploitation. You have choices, you don't have to fight. If you feel like someone is not doing the best they can for you, don't fight. Fighters really have no right to complain and I get tired of hearing it, one reason being that if they would have thought about all of this before they put years,money,time,sacrifice into it, they wouldn't do it. It also makes it harder for some of us who do have some sense and dignity to do anything, they don't need us at all because they have enough suckers that allow them to make fools of them. Of course it's not fair but I believe in personal responsibility and fighters do not take enough of it.

6. MagicNinja White Belt

very true. mma fighters underpaid grossly, but all mma events have multiple fight cards. Multiple fight cards = more fighters = more fighters to pay.

He seems to be looking for fighters that are hungry to just fight, not for the money.

7. Tobacco --------------------------------------------------

I think some people are missing the point.... which was although Don King raped a lot of fighters he left them with more than what MMA fighters get.