Don King and the Future

Reza Nasri

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don king is well into his 70's now. Say what you like about the scandals he had in the 80's and the federal trials of the 90's but in my opinion boxing will be a much poorer place without Don. Especially the HW scene. More than any other promoter i look forward to a Don King bill. Take the recent Roy Jones-Trinidad bill. It also had Andrew Golota V Mello, and Karmazin v Bunema as well as an entertaining undercard fight with Ezra Sellers.

Don puts on quality bills and always has done.

How do you guys anticipate HW boxing going with Don on the scene? After all he has been the main power broker since the Rumble in the Jungle.

Well shit how much worse can HW boxing get?

Owney "The Killer" Madden
Boo Boo Huff
Frankie "Mr. Grey" Carbo
Blinkie Palermo
Mickey Cohen
Don King

Boxing has always been poisoned behind the scenes.....Maybe that's why it's still my favorite sport.....No "sacred milk" posturing.....it is what it is...

Will the next bottom feeder please stand up ? When Don dies, we'll need you to fill the vacuum.

If Don King manages to get the HW titles unified I will never say a bad thing about him again.

As far as the HW scene goes, I think Don can only work with the talent out there. Even during the relatively weak later day lennox Lewis era during 2001-2005 he tried to make things interesting taking Roy Jones up to HW, and marketing Nicolai Valuev as a new age monster.

He pushed Lamon Brewster who may have been one of 5 most entertaining HW's of the 2000's as much as he could and for a while Lamon delivered well in the ring.

What im saying is, Don tried to do what he could with Ruiz, Byrd,Rahman and others.For all his faults Andrew Golota was still on the most entertaining and talented HW's of this era and Don gave him 3 chances to win the HW title but it wasnt meant to be.

Don & Bob did a great job over the past 35 years, but like everyone else in the world, they are replaceable in what they do.

Even Don has had a hard time working his magic with this crop of HW boxers. When he is gone he will be missed for many reasons. He is one of the all time great sports personalities.

the fact that a two time murderer keeps the sport alive and glamorous shows you how shady the nature of the boxing business really is.

Hmm... Glass Jaw Promotions...... has a nice ring to it.

Don King needs his own reality show but he's getting older now and it does look like he might be slowing down.

5xI Promotions. :)

Back