Dominick Reyes will be the one to dethrone Jon Jones not Johnny Walker

Well i agree with OP in one thing. Cause walker been finished before and reyes has a good chin and has ko power.

Who knows who's better at this point?

One thing is for sure, though: Reyes is the better tested fighter. Walker has been looking amazing but his best win by far is Cirkunov. Reyes has wins over Cannonier, OSP, Oezdamir and Weidman.

Obz the Oezdamir win was controversial and Teh Chris is faded and unproven at LHW, but whatever Reyes looked good in both fights.

True.. We don't know how Johnny Walker handles against a wrestler and Corey Anderson is very good test. I think Anderson may outwrestle Walker and decision him.

i haven’t seen anything from either guy to make me think they can grapple with jon but i think jon likes beating these guys at their own game which is why he stood with santos/gustafsson for the whole fight & wrestled with cormier
Dude, you shoud watch fights.

Reyes is equipped with some nice getups*, reversals** and is overall outstanding anti-wresler able to read and stuff*** all sorts of shots. No one so far has been able to hold him in one position.

3d1hl5q.gif

Azni0VN.gif

doqxVJu.gif

MaXtv23.gif

NSlKZiA.gif

m6VjZdD.gif

wvh3jv7.gif

iJyLGKo.gif

aTGG18o.gif

5ZzkzUg.gif

7VTe7iE.gif

DYFrgZm.gif

auI33AK.gif

TYpgSuH.gif

MO8eYyD.gif

1lIgvHW.gif

qNZJIMa.gif

sj9HwiS.gif

M7kllbd.gif

4xWlqM5.gif

Dude, you shoud watch fights.

Reyes is equipped with some nice getups*, reversals** and is overall outstanding anti-wresler able to read and stuff*** all sorts of shots. No one so far has been able to hold him in one position.

3d1hl5q.gif

Azni0VN.gif

doqxVJu.gif

MaXtv23.gif

NSlKZiA.gif

m6VjZdD.gif

wvh3jv7.gif

iJyLGKo.gif

aTGG18o.gif

5ZzkzUg.gif

7VTe7iE.gif

DYFrgZm.gif

auI33AK.gif

TYpgSuH.gif

MO8eYyD.gif

1lIgvHW.gif

qNZJIMa.gif

sj9HwiS.gif

M7kllbd.gif

4xWlqM5.gif
using footage of him getting manhandled by jeremy kimball, OSP, & oezdemir doesn’t exactly give me more hope for him. for his sake, hopefully you’re right. shogun had the same skill set though and it did him no good.

He does look like the guy that might hold the title for a hot minute. I won't put money on it and I think it's too early, he needs a few more fights. But yeah the idea of him catching Jones is far from ludicrous

using footage of him getting manhandled by jeremy kimball, OSP, & oezdemir doesn’t exactly give me more hope for him. for his sake, hopefully you’re right. shogun had the same skill set though and it did him no good.
Since when Jones is some unstoppable chain wrestler that will stop Reyes from doing what he usually does and prevent him from getting up / reversing positions? Also when was the last time Jones destroyed someone in the clinch, Teixeira in 2014?

Since when Jones is some unstoppable chain wrestler that will stop Reyes from doing what he usually does and prevent him from getting up / reversing positions? Also when was the last time Jones destroyed someone in the clinch, Teixeira in 2014?
jones made smith look silly in the clinch. cormier as well in both fights. have u watched jon fight

jones made smith look silly in the clinch. cormier as well in both fights. have u watched jon fight
Jones looked terrible in the clinch against Smith and didn't do any significant damage there and got hit twice as much by Cormier second time around.

Reyes is more skilled but Walked is more unpredictable and capable of flash knockouts.

both are the exact same in that they both have 1 round to finish Jon, or they lose hard.

Why does everyone think Johnny walker is the guy to dethrone Jones when Dominick Reyes is better? The way Jones has been declining since USADA and barely scrapping by MWs i think Dominick Reyes would finish Jon Jones

Because we all saw his fight against Oezdemir.

Reyes isn't that good, and Jones is a GOAT.

CluelessCostlyIndianabat-size_restricted.gif

Keep drinking the Dominick Reyes kook aid and the Johnnie Walker whiskey.

Jones looked terrible in the clinch against Smith and didn't do any significant damage there and got hit twice as much by Cormier second time around.
????? he won every second of every round against two vastly superior clinch fighters????

edit: superior to reyes, not jones

Can't wait for this match up...it's just exciting having these new challenges for bones...

Walker better chance than Reyes and even he is still limited if fighting Jon...

Ain't nobody beating Jon Jones.

I agree that Reyes is better than Walker, but Jon Jones smashes both.

Reyes and Jones have one opponent in common - OSP, and we saw how that fight went. Reyes need to work on this tdd some more. Weidman took him down too easily. If Jones gets you down its over. But if Reyes can keep the fight standing I really think he has the best shot the dethrone Jones. Remember, Reyes is a solid 6'4" with nearly 80" reach so Jones can't use his height and range to poke and run. Reyes is Jones is the fight to make next, imo.

giphy.gif

Neither will come as close as that man...

Back