Dominick Reyes: it's no secret that Jon isn't the best boxer in the UFC.

Jones utilizes kicking distance to boxing distance.

He is right. Jones is a pretty average boxer. Cormier is a better boxer, Jones just has his length. He is a great kicker though or should I say Kickboxer. Reyes needs to keep this standing and not be afraid like NoHeart Anthony Smith was.

And? Was that thread worthy? Everyone knows Jones's boxing is terrible.

So much more to this game than boxing though.
Against Jon you need footwork to be able to use your boxing. Compare Gus 1
and Glover fights. Footwork made Gus successful in that one.

Jones by americana

It's true.

Jones hands are nothing special at all, but he knows how to keep distance with those kicks and his fight IQ is phenomenal.

Also, extremely hard to hit cleanly.

He may not be the best boxer, but he is is top 5 most effective strikers in the sport

yeah, but his five finger death poke technique is second to none.

He doesn't need to be the best boxer in the UFC though

He's in such a shallow division he could be the 55th best boxer in the UFC and still look like Sugar Ray Robinson if all he's fighting are LHWs

I've always wondered what keeps Jones from being a good boxer considering he learned and adapted most other elements of the sport with gusto. With his length, it's hard not to imagine him having a wicked jab. In any case, he seems well aware of his deficiency: uses his kicks at range and clinches dudes/uses elbows up close. Anything to avoid going to war in the pocket.

Eh. No, it's not the best, it's not anywhere near the best, but he gets an unfair amount of slack for it. He's good on the inside because he can use his uppercuts and hooks to maximum effect, and he's good on the outside because although he has a poor jab, he can use his oblique kicks and various other tools to set up shots.

What he's not good at is fighting in middle range. His hooks and uppercuts aren't nearly as effective there, and he can't really throw his kicks with confidence. As I mentioned before, his jab is poor, and I believe that's what you need most to fight at that range in MMA.

Is Reyes better at that range? Probably. Is he going to be able to keep the fight there for a long enough time to make a difference in the fight? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Duh as if we didn't already know Jones is not the best boxer. And yet Jones still cleaned out the division and is still the champ a decade later.

Just 3 episodes of embedded and I don't like Reyes. He reminds me of a slightly more tolerable Rockhold. His win over Weidman gave him the power from Weidmans win over silva to beat Jones?! What the fuck is he talking about

Last edited:
John "poke" Jones by poke out.
Reyes got them big juicy eyes, begging for long filthy fingers and fingernails.

Just 3 episodes of embedded and I don't like Reyes. He reminds me of a slightly more tolerable Rockhold, His win over Weidman gave him the power from Weidmans win over silva to beat Jones?! What the fuck is he talking about
I litterally just watched it too. Fuck he’s annoying. And it was cringy as fuck hearing his camp yelling “ and new”
<JonesDXSuckIt><JonesLaugh>

You don’t need boxing when your elbows are the length of your opponents arms

Back