Dominick Cruz better not be commentating tonight

Cruz is fantastic. Turn the volume down you baby.

Cruz is the worst, it's like listening to paint dry. How is that even possible you ask? Exactly. How IS it possible to listen to Dom Cruz for a whole telecast without getting annoyed?

Dude has zero excitement level about anything, and keeps harping on the same things over and over again. If that weren't bad enough he has a nasally whiny voice like some 9th grader still going through puberty.

You can't complain about monotone and then ask for Stann..

I don't really mind either guy, but they're about dead even on the charisma slide.

What? Stann has great delivery and intonation compared to Cruz.

Seriously if you were to do a spectrum analysis on the pitches of their voices you would find Stann has much more variance than Cruz, I guarantee it.

Tonight's an interesting combo - John Gooden on PBP, Brian Stann on color, and Joe Martinez is the announcer. I don't believe there's a third in the booth.

You sound extremely insecure, and I don't even like Cruz

You can't complain about monotone and then ask for Stann..

I don't really mind either guy, but they're about dead even on the charisma slide.

I disagree. Stann is definitely a notch above Dom in the amplitude department, although both are far beneath Rogan (who is certainly their #1 hype man, but never seems to have a vivid insight into what's happening in the octagon anymore).

I disagree. Stann is definitely a notch above Dom in the amplitude department, although both are far beneath Rogan (who is certainly their #1 hype man, but never seems to have a vivid insight into what's happening in the octagon anymore).
Rogan's been phoning it in hard lately
He shows way more emotion on his fightcompanions

I actually think the Rogan/DC/Anik and Rogan/Cruz/Anik booths are the two best we have. And neither are super good - but Rogan/DC/Anik feel like they can develop some chemistry, they feel like they're just dudes watching a fight much of the time which makes them easy to tune out

Rogan/Cruz/Anik gives both Rogan and Cruz someone to interrupt them when they're stuck on a narrative or thought train that might not be representative of the actual action. Anik is no Goldie, but he serves as a nice break with plugs and things like that as well he at least sounds organic with them.

I prefer a two man booth, three is overkill. We need a play by play straight man, and a guy who knows his shit.

Goldie/Rogan was the best IMO, followed by Bas and Mauro

I really like Cruz though, his fight IQ is through the roof. He needs more time to to develop his style
Bas/Mauro!!! 1st for me. but hearing Rogan and Goldie so long, it's a toss up, kinda. Rogan's bias kils it for me some. Knows his shit and Goldie brings the lolz. Doesn't seem the same though without him.I like Mir . Cruz is ok.

Bas/Mauro!!! 1st for me. but hearing Rogan and Goldie so long, it's a toss up, kinda. Rogan's bias kils it for me some. Knows his shit and Goldie brings the lolz. Doesn't seem the same though without him.I like Mir . Cruz is ok.
Yeah I forgot about Mir, he's great in the booth!

To be perfectly honest, he has gotten slightly less annoying lately. I'd still prefer not listening to him talk, but he's certainly no worse than Anik.

man fuck all of that shit bring Mike Goldberg back. VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL!!!!!!

I've always been an advocate for bringing in Jens Pulver as a panel commentator for the backroom discussion. Clean him up a bit (like Hardy did with himself) and give him a shot. Make it happen.

Back