Dominic Cruz footwork

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
One day the MMA world will catch up to the technical mastery of footwork that Dominic Cruz displayed in his prime.

https://youtube.com/shorts/GI4nMM1-00Y?feature=share

^
i caught this short video today in YT suggestions, it is a perfect intro to Cruz footwork for those not ready to commit the time for a deep dive analysis.

He’s “awkward”
He is “Herky jerky”
He is “unorthodox”

“Nah man... he is just on another level and you aren’t ready for it yet, but your kids are gonna love it.”

That’s all for now. We will see if this turns into a derailed thread about something he said rather than an intelligent discussion of his exceptional technique and brilliant adaptation of old school boxing and various traditional martial arts footwork into MMA.

Cheers
-jeff7b9

edit : UFC copyright Nazis strike again.
Heaven forbid anyone offer them free promotion and showcase their product to a huge demographic of potential new fans.

One day the MMA world will catch up to the technical mastery of footwork that Dominic Cruz displayed in his prime.

https://youtube.com/shorts/GI4nMM1-00Y?feature=share

^
i caught this short video today in YT suggestions, it is a perfect intro to Cruz footwork for those not ready to commit the time for a deep dive analysis.

He’s “awkward”
He is “Herky jerky”
He is “unorthodox”

“Nah man... he is just on another level and you aren’t ready for it yet, but your kids are gonna love it.”

That’s all for now. We will see if this turns into a derailed thread about something he said rather than an intelligent discussion of his exceptional technique and brilliant adaptation of old school boxing and various traditional martial arts footwork into MMA.

Cheers
-jeff7b9

edit : UFC copyright Nazis strike again.
Heaven forbid anyone offer them free promotion and showcase their product to a huge demographic of potential new fans.

More like "didn't watch", UFC copyright Nazis!

xYrvfAh.gif

Good footwork, little power. Decisionator

Yep! He has amazing footwork, I believe he even offers a course covering footwork and other stuff, if I’m not wrong. Has anyone here bought it?

His style is super light on his feet to pivot and dart. But that means he can't sit on his shots at all.

his hair is stupid and has been for some time so that retracts heavily from his overall appearances unfortunately

Yep! He has amazing footwork, I believe he even offers a course covering footwork and other stuff, if I’m not wrong. Has anyone here bought it?

My buddy bought it. He's still getting his ass kicked on the regular in street fights. But he has become the fucking king of Dance Dance Revolution.

Nick-Swardson-Plays-Dance-Dance-Revolution-In-Grandmas-Boy.gif

Stylistically, Henry is a nightmare for Cruz. I don't think many at 135 can do what Cejudo did.
this. every style or approach to fighting will have a weakness. some people act like having the "blueprint" out there "exposed" someone. sure Cejudo and Cody did well against Cruz, but very few were able to beat him as he 'danced' around the cage. not the most popular style, but he racked up wins doing so

Cruz's footwork?

<{clintugh}>

It might be the single most overrated thing in MMA history. That and Pillowfists McGregory's left hand.

He literally shuffles around randomly, throwing punches like he's swinging a handbag. It's not even close to being elite footwork. He just happened to fight people who were too small and and not good enough to exploit it.

If he fought elite strikers his own size, his fights would look like the Cody fight. Someone with proper efficient boxing footwork would clown him 10/10.

giphy.gif

AnotherDearestCricket-size_restricted.gif

Cruz's footwork?

<{clintugh}>

It might be the single most overrated thing in MMA history. That and Pillowfists McGregory's left hand.

He literally shuffles around randomly, throwing punches like he's swinging a handbag. It's not even close to being elite footwork. He just happened to fight people who were too small and and not good enough to exploit it.

If he fought elite strikers his own size, his fights would look like the Cody fight. Someone with proper efficient boxing footwork would clown him 10/10.

giphy.gif

AnotherDearestCricket-size_restricted.gif

He can break dance away from Dom all he wants but he's still running from that chit...

Back