Domestication

There is an argument the human female and society generally has been domesticating the human male.

Human males, in their natural State, tend to be more aggressive, with far less controls. You just need one New Orleans type apocalyptic situation to see how quickly many males revert back to more base animal instincts to see that.

But over time many women and large parts of society have been pushing for and selecting males based more what would be called 'beta' characteristics or what would be called more femme males.

Not to derail my own thread but I do think there is an argument that human males are being domesticated over time to a large degree.

The Female Homo Sapien

Mistress_Bondage_Collar_And_Leash_530x.jpg

HTB16qctLVXXXXXIapXXq6xXFXXXP.jpg

costume-sexy-kk89hc-2188.jpg

Actually what you say is not accurate.

The silk worm has been domesticated in that they have been changed by selective breeding by man to be both more amenable and reliant to living in close contact with man, and also to emphasize the qualities we desire ( 10 times the silk of its wild counterpart).

Bees arguably are not domesticated and wild bees are better pollinators.
I suppose it depends on your definition of domesticate. To me, selective breeding doesn't automatically equal domesticated, but I can see your point.

would be badass if we could domesticate hardcore animals like bears and hippos.

id love to roll around the plains with my bear and hippo sidekicks

would be badass if we could domesticate hardcore animals like bears and hippos.

id love to roll around the plains with my bear and hippo sidekicks
In a way it would be cool, in a hey look at me way. But it would also be sad to see such magnificent beasts tamed, imo.

Back