Does working out young stunt your growth or is that just a myth?

If you break your growth plates you will, but that usually happens from bone breaks. There’s a girl at my work who broke her arm when she was little and now one arm is longer than the other by like an inch.

She hot? Pics?

I think the myth comes from injuries that may stunt growth. Lifting heavy and contact sports come with a risk, especially when you're still super young.

I highly doubt exercise alone stunts growth though.

all that time working out you could spend with your family or making money at work. gyms were created to make money. when did people start going to a gym? 1980's?

my grandpa who flew planes vs nazis in ww2 never hit a gym in his life and lived to be 88
Just bc your grandpa is cool and didnt use gyms doesnt mean they suck

Yes

Look at all the gymnast that are super short and ripped that started out young.

You think it’s a coincidence almost all gymnasts are short? Like the kids that grew tall all stopped doing it?

If you break your growth plates you will, but that usually happens from bone breaks. There’s a girl at my work who broke her arm when she was little and now one arm is longer than the other by like an inch.

What a freak

Yes

You think it’s a coincidence almost all gymnasts are short? Like the kids that grew tall all stopped doing it?

Sounds like representation bias.

The successful gymnasts are the short, stocky ones and those without the right proportions we just never hear about. One can make a similar claim that basketball makes you tall and cite the average NBA player height.

The kid was genetically predisposed to being 5'9 anyway. Working out or whatever has nothing to do with it. People say oh lifting weights stunts growth or drinking coffee or whatever food stunts growth....if that's the case I have some friends who should've been 10 feet tall smh.

Take your moms height and take your dad's height. Use that to do the math.

Dick size however....

I saw a young boy working out hard, he was like 10 or something and was recently breaking records.

Now I've always heard working out causes one to not grow that tall, but I know of this kid "Little Hercules" who worked out super hard when he was young

ljnuYJxeAjIW4uXCeQ3llAes40XGYKDcS2JXOg2p4k4.jpg

Be grew to be 5'9 (bottom pic) which is NOT short in spite of what Sherdog makes it seem to be.

How old were you when you started working out? What is your height now?

Is this true or false? If it is a myth where did it come from?

he should have cultivated mass much later in life

tumblr_n1vh4nyPp31r61d7vo2_250.gif

I think I was around twelve when I started lifting weights. I stopped growing when I was
Fourteen and I'm still around 5'8 -5'10. I havent lifted on a regular basis since high school though when I competed in shot put and discus

Lol. I notice a lot of world class athletes tend to get out of shape when they aren't training. I guess their bodies are used to a certain level or activity.

Pretty sure his Dad was jailed for giving him steroids as a kid.

Yes

Yes, look at all those petite and flexible gymnast chicks. Dude's got a point.
Or it could be like the opposite of basketball. I really have no clue, but I tell you what: I do like ogling those hot gymnastics chicks.

<{jackyeah}>

I started working out when i was 11 and I'm 4ft 11

Lmao at 5'9 being "regular" .
5 feet 9 inches

The average height for men has been tracked over the years and has been increasing. Looking at the broad average across the United States, the National Center for Health Statistics has reported that the average height for an adult male is 69.1 inches (175.4 centimeters), or roughly 5 feet 9 inches.Aug 7, 2019

Top right pic
Them titties ain't loyal.

I think they said the stress of weight lifting can damage the growth plates in bones, then stunted growth. There was this guy in 7th grade who was muscled and he's short and stayed short.

As long as your not trying to do crazy prs it's fine. Look at all those jacked farmer kids

all that time working out you could spend with your family or making money at work. gyms were created to make money. when did people start going to a gym? 1980's?

my grandpa who flew planes vs nazis in ww2 never hit a gym in his life and lived to be 88

Lifting weights when I was even a young adult, never mind being a kid was miles away from even being described as niche, unless you lived in a town that was more interested in rugby than Football/soccer I stopped growing at around 21 and I'm genuinely the height all sherbros claim to be, I didn't start lifting until I was in my late 20's.

Smoking stunting your growth was thing I heard most when growing up, although I was aware of the lifting "myth"

Back