Does Wal-Mart own Cage Fighter / MMA Authentics?

Solid38

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Had recent mma clothing discussion with my friend that is in the mma industry . He told me that Tap Out owned Premier fighter clothing. I thought that was a shocker...then he also told me Cage Fighter / MMA Authentics were owned by the national chain store Wal-Mart. I was in even more shock when he told me it was a Wal-Mart brand....This national chain store is smart if they also jumped on the mma bandwagon and made their own mma clothing line so it can be sold in chains of Wal-Mart stores nationwide.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this ?? im very curious....! I keep arguring saying that I really dont think so...but maybe im the stupid one and not know the facts.

Hmmmmm, i would like to know this as well. Havent heard anything about it before.

Wal-Mart MMA clothing would be cool if they had $20 VT shorts and $30 gloves.

Or did he say Kohls?? LOL I just recall that it was a national wide chain store....My mistake if it is... so is it?? lol

go to wal-mart and see if they own it don't you think they would sell it so they make all the profit...

Or did he say Kohls?? LOL I just recall that it was a national wide chain store....My mistake if it is... so is it?? lol

Who the fuck shops at Kohls? I wouldnt be caught dead wearing the shitty clothes they sell.

The only mma related clothing Ive seen in wal mart was american fighter t shirts with franklin on them.

MMA Authentics / Cage Fighter are NOT owned by Walmart or Kohls...where do these rumors get started?

Instead, like nearly ALL APPAREL companys, MMA / CF have many different "lines" within their 3 brands (MMA Authentics / Cage Fighter / Familia Gladatoria)...these will be distributed to different retail channels...

Low end product will be in Kohls (cheap MMA Authentic Tees with "WWE-like graphics"), while nicer, high quality and thus more expensive product will end up in better, mall based retailers...like Champs Sports (ie, $40 Familia Gladatoria Tees and Cage Fighter Blast Tees)...

JM

Thats bullshit. I cant find anything for mma/boxing at the wal marts in my area. They dont even have a regular cheap as bag glove or antyhing so i seriously doubt they are getting into the mma world just yet.

Had recent mma clothing discussion with my friend that is in the mma industry . He told me that Tap Out owned Premier fighter clothing. I thought that was a shocker...then he also told me Cage Fighter / MMA Authentics were owned by the national chain store Wal-Mart. I was in even more shock when he told me it was a Wal-Mart brand....This national chain store is smart if they also jumped on the mma bandwagon and made their own mma clothing line so it can be sold in chains of Wal-Mart stores nationwide.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this ?? im very curious....! I keep arguring saying that I really dont think so...but maybe im the stupid one and not know the facts.

Wall Mart does not own Cage Fighter / MMA Authentics. :icon_chee

If they did, I dont' think that any other retailers (online) would be able to pick up the line.

That's dumb...your friend is an idiot...it's like saying Foot Locker and Champs owns Nike...

That's dumb...your friend is an idiot...it's like saying Foot Locker and Champs owns Nike...

Well...A lot of brands are actually bought by nationwide chain stores..thats why I didnt think it was too far off...

For example : Target owns Mossimo,
Macy owns INC,
Walmart owns Starter

A lot of chain stores either buys the company or license the brand so they can make their own clothing to sell in their chain stores with those particular brand names.

Back