Does Vitor join the GOAT Pantehon with a win?

wartor

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Likes
@Brown
Reaction score
Won the UFC 12 Heavyweight Tournament
Won UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
Won Cage Rage Light Heavyweight Championship.

So 1 Tourney and 3 belts, 2 in the UFC (with a win over THE CHRIS) so that is pretty impressive, I would add him to GOAT status with that resume.

Thoughts?

Vitor-Belfort_loco.jpg

Surely legend status but GOAT is one step up.

tumblr_masxq1ODHZ1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

What do you mean by GOAT pantheon? Top 10? Top 5?

Sorry meant Pantheon now it's like the GOAT Panty on.

But yea I mean does he join your GOAT list.

The five possible GOAT's are

GSP
Fedor
Jones
Aldo
Anderson

There really isn't a discussion for anyone else man. Guys like Mintauro, Henderson, Penn, MM, Weidman, Liddel, Wand haven't done enough to be in that category and either has Vitor.

Even if he beats Chris. He'd have to beat Chris, then have like 5 title defenses against Anderson, Machida, Jacare, Weidman and Rockhold to be in the GOAT category. Too many losses against top competition in his career.

Nah. His past is too shady. Cannot be a "GOAT" and have problems with drugging.

Won UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
Bullshit fluke win though, nobody takes that "title" seriously.
Not Vitor's fault obviously, but we shouldn't count it as legit.

Not even close. As the champ you have to have numerous title defences over many years.

Sorry meant Pantheon now it's like the GOAT Panty on.

But yea I mean does he join your GOAT list.

Just beating Weidman won't get him into my top 10, but if he goes on to defend a few times, he possibly could. It's crazy to think of how long ago it was that he burst on the scene, and he's still fighting at the highest level.

No way man. Vitor won the LHW belt on the biggest fluke in history, then he was absolutely killed in the real fight with Randy. It was so lame to see Vitor excited at beating Randy on a torn eyelid, yet his whole team threw a giant fucking fiesta about it.

UFC 12 doesn't make him HW champ either , sorry. Never has and never will. That is why they say "tournament champion"

Not even close to being the goat, fanboy.

The five possible GOAT's are

GSP
Fedor
Jones
Aldo
Anderson

There really isn't a discussion for anyone else man. Guys like Mintauro, Henderson, Penn, MM, Weidman, Liddel, Wand haven't done enough to be in that category and either has Vitor.

Even if he beats Chris. He'd have to beat Chris, then have like 5 title defenses against Anderson, Machida, Jacare, Weidman and Rockhold to be in the GOAT category. Too many losses against top competition in his career.

too many losses period. plus, way too much TRT talk.

No but he does cement his name amongst the Liddells, Coutures, Penns, Wanderleis, ect of mma which is still pretty damn good considering how bad he looked at one point in his career.

Nope. He's fought two of the GOAT 5, and got brutally finished by both. If it had been wars with close outcomes? Who knows. But having losses to 2 really means he's clearly not on their level

Back