Does UFC Need Bisping to Win?

PabloZed

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Just as it appeared MW was getting stronger it has been hit by some untimely injuries, losses and even some bad wins. Weidman is hurt, Boetsch and Belcher lost last night, Sonnen is fighting Jones. Okami won but is not in a position to get a second shot at Silva, and Dana said yesterday that a Belfort win does not get him a title shot pretty much for the same reason Okami won't get one. Munoz lost his last fight and Rockhold won't get an immediate title shot when he comes over.

That literally leaves Bisping, who with a win earns a title shot. No one else is ready or deserving. So that is why I am suggesting that the UFC needs Bisping to beat Belfort. A loss will almost certainly mean Silva will fight at 205 next. The only other viable scenarios is Weidman healing fast or Rockhold being gifted a shot.

Weidman says he will be 100% in four months. I am assuming that's when he would be able to begin training. So maybe he could fight Silva in the Fall, but I believe Silva wants to fight in the summer.

Last edited:
F*ck that. If there's no one else just throw Lombard at him. Every true MMA fan would prefer Lombard vs. Silva to Bisping vs. Silva.

What!? lol Hell no. Plus the best SF MWs should be in the UFC soon. Le would be a better draw if he can get a top 10 win than Bisping probably. Bisping is a decent draw that'll probably get a decent buzz going (plus DW wants that UK hype) but not a must at this point.

Not if you live in the UK.

The UK needs to be careful. It's biggest contributions to MMA so far a Lee Murray and Bisping. It might make up for it with Michael Page, but only time will tell.

I hope Bisping beats Belfort so we can all witness Silva completely embarrass him.

Weidman is the real #1 contender.
Bisping brings in a bigger fanbase, but he has close to no shot.

If the UFC NEEDED Bisping to win they sure fucked up by putting him in there with Belfort.

Lombard, had he won his first UFC fight, would be more a contender.

Speaking of Bisping's fanbase, I was surprised Dana said a Silva-Bisping fight would not happen in England. Said something about the time wouldn't work. I would have thought it would mean a huge gate.

Weidman is the real #1 contender.
Bisping brings in a bigger fanbase, but he has close to no shot.

There is real contender yet. Although I think Weidman is Andersons biggest threat he needs another win beating Munoz does not make you #1 contender imo

There is real contender yet. Although I think Weidman is Andersons biggest threat he needs another win beating Munoz does not make you #1 contender imo

I don't care who he beat.
I care about the fight being competitive, and Weidman is the only MW who'd give Anderson a competitive fight.

Sonnen gave him two tough fights, Palhares could dive on a leg and you could argue Lombard poses some challenges.

Nobody else can touch Anderson.

I don't care who he beat.
I care about the fight being competitive, and Weidman is the only MW who'd give Anderson a competitive fight.

Sonnen gave him two tough fights, Palhares could dive on a leg and you could argue Lombard poses some challenges.

Nobody else can touch Anderson.

You are right although the ufc hasn't done a good job with it you are suppose to earn your title shots. And Weidman is still young another fight against a tough guy will only help and improve his chances against Andy.

There's been some bad match making going on in the division imo. Bisping should honestly be facing someone that's also considered a contender. Weidman v Boestch just wasn't that great of an idea to me. Hopefully down the line they just get Weidman v another true contender for a real #1 contender match up and get it going.

You are right although the ufc hasn't done a good job with it you are suppose to earn your title shots. And Weidman is still young another fight against a tough guy will only help and improve his chances against Andy.

More experience would definitely help, but he's already most deserving.
Bisping hasn't shown the skill to make me believe he's have a competitive fight with Anderson. And he hasn't beaten many top guys.

Back