Does training in a gi help with MMA fights?

Danaher never trains in the GI anymore, I'm not sure what your point is

You said Gracie Jitsu was filtered out. These greats I just listed are all under Renzo lol. Literally the very top pinnacle of the sport is founded still in Gracie.

If you meant Gi though i'd say yes. No gi is more marketable and better for MMA.

You said Gracie Jitsu was filtered out. These greats I just listed are all under Renzo lol. Literally the very top pinnacle of the sport is founded still in Gracie.
That's not what I said, I said Gracie Jiu Jitsu didn't prevail because of the GI

I see how you read it, I mean the GI was just there, they would've had the best BJJ with or without it

I guess in an athletic environment it could be less useful as the clothes get thinner and thinner. I would still say most cloth T shirts you could still get value from though. Coats definitely. Jackets. Jeans. Especially Suits and Ties. Sports jackets. I'm picturing I guess a fight at the bar or at work or watching the fights at BWW. Not really like my local fitness center or a wrestling camp lol.

i agree that Gi's can help you for basic self defense because it simulates clothing. but the only thing i'd have to add, is that that's highly dependent on where you live.

if you live in Russia where everyone is going to be wearing jackets and pants due to the cold weather, for sure Gi techniques could work. but if you live in Hawaii where everyone wears tank tops/no shirts, and surf shorts, no Gi is going to be a lot more effective.

It develops your grip strength is all I can think of.

i would like to see someone tell me a benefit gi has for mma that no gi doesn't, as far as I'm concerned its useless for mma.

I think it helps with escapes. If you can get out of side control or back mount in a gi with all that friction, no gi escapes will feel pretty easy.

it actually creates the wrong habits in my opinion. what it is good for is slowing down grappling and making it more of a controlled experience but this is only because of the grips and more submission options so imo it would be something that forcibly creates habits that do not apply to mma or no gi making it an inefficient training method for that reason. Its also good for strength. but i think there may be more efficient ways to train. if you only train no gi and then do a gi class those people often get smoked because the two are very different. a lot of positions shared in common but there is so many different things to think about between the two that i dont feel like they belong in the same space when training for the opposite one or mma. some people think it helps. i think this has to do with the traditional way mindset which often just holds people back in life in general.

Back