Does this look good

S

scrappy

How is everyone doing, I think for September I am going to switch up the diet and get a little bit leaner ( so I don't have to cut much weight).

Meal 1: package of cream of wheat, 2 slices wheat bread w/ peanut butter, piece of fruit and a protein shake. Vitamins, fish oil, GLC

Meal2: fruit and organic granolia bar

Meal 3: beef, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup vegs

Meal 4: Post work out
2 slices wheat bread, 4 slices cheese, fruit and a shake

Meal 5: Chicken or fish, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup vegs. Vitamins, fish oil, GLC

Meal 6: After night run
Lg salad with a can of tuna

Meal 7: right before bed
Protein shake: Muscle Milk

What are your thoughts, good, bad, or rethink. By the way weekends are off but I will still be eating well, I don't want to screw things up to bad.

Cut the cheese out post-workout. You don't want fat post-workout. Also, cream of wheat has a high glycemic load, so I'd move it to post-workout, and the beef, too (although it should be REALLY lean). Switch chicken or egg whites for the beef pre-workout. For Meal #1, in place of the cream of wheat, eat a bran cereal or something else high in fiber (All Bran is great, and you can put fruit on it).

Don't drink Muscle Milk before bed. Casein is great before bed, but the MCT's won't have a chance to mobilize your metabolism or be burned as fat. They'll just settle, and zap, you've upped your saturated fat content for the day for no reason. Eat a cup or half-cup of fat-free cottage cheese instead. Don't put anything in it. If you can't do that, drink a casein-only powder.

Back