Does the UFC have the most boring championship ending in sports?

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hear me out when there is a championship fight ok Dana puts the belt around the champ. But seriously I notice from time to time he doesn't really look enthused because we all know he likes to show favoritism to his favorite fighters.

Now compare that to Pride and it's totally different. In Pride and in other orgs everybody is happy, people are very excited. But in the Ufc you got the guy putting on the belt looking all gloomy and sometimes not all of the time but sometimes you even have the crowd/audience members booing...

Hear me out when there is a championship fight ok Dana puts the belt around the champ. But seriously I notice from time to time he doesn't really look enthused because we all know he likes to show favoritism to his favorite fighters.

Now compare that to Pride and it's totally different. In Pride and in other orgs everybody is happy, people are very excited. But in the Ufc you got the guy putting on the belt looking all gloomy and sometimes not all of the time but sometimes you even have the crowd/audience members booing...

sometimes the UFC lacks showmanship. pride was fun that way but I know the UFC doesn't want to look like the WWE.

When teams win the Stanley Cup on the road is not so great.

sometimes the UFC lacks showmanship. pride was fun that way but I know the UFC doesn't want to look like the WWE.

if you put a pro wrestler with zero fighting skills against a full time fighter expecting the wrestler to win, but instead gets Ko or submitted... THAT'S PRIDE FC/WWE matchmaking type.

a fighter can have showmanship without losing his legitimate background. AND THAT'S why Shael is so popular.

When teams win the Stanley Cup on the road is not so great.

Please don't talk about Stanley Cup, it brings back memories of my poor HABS getting totally molested in their first match against Rangers.

As for the topic, why should everyone be happy? Real celebrations start only after press conference is done. And it's really hard to really do anything special in UFC, because they have total control on who goes in that cage and when. Which I think is pretty smart, because you never know with humans, all it takes is one word and the place could explode.

The endings only suck when it's a boring fight or a controversial decision. Could there be more pageantry? Sure, but that's a matter of personal preference I think.

I liked that in Pride when you won the belt the president would come out and have a full belt giving ceremony...made it seem like a bigger deal.

if you put a pro wrestler with zero fighting skills against a full time fighter expecting the wrestler to win, but instead gets Ko or submitted... THAT'S PRIDE FC/WWE matchmaking type.

a fighter can have showmanship without losing his legitimate background. AND THAT'S why Shael is so popular.

He means the crazy entrances, giant cheques, confetti, and the overall larger than life theatrics.

Like when dana was puttuing the belt around cain at 121

after a championship title fight that ends in a dramatic finish, the winner should immediately grab his new title an celebrate with it on top of the cage while confetti is shooting down the arena.

where does the whole belt thing come from in combat sports?

Championship symbols, date back to gladiator days in Rome and Greece. There's always been some symbol of showing a combatant is the "best". Belts are a fairly recent thing and mainly came about when combat sports became organized and organizations wanted a specific symbol of their organization.

I liked that in Pride when you won the belt the president would come out and have a full belt giving ceremony...made it seem like a bigger deal.

I have grown content now without most of PRIDE's teatrics but this is something I wished the UFC adopted. Look at how NBA/NFL/Soccer celebrates championship victories seeing as Dana wants to be mainstream like those sports/organizations.

I have grown content now without most of PRIDE's teatrics but this is something I wished the UFC adopted. Look at how NBA/NFL/Soccer celebrates championship victories seeing as Dana wants to be mainstream like those sports/organizations.

I could understand doing it if the guy defeats a champion who's been champion for a while, then do the whole big celebration with the confetti and trophy and such. You don't wanna do it for every title exchange because then it loses its meaning, especially if the title is won off a guy who is defending it for the first time.

You dont think that shit would get old quick fast and in a hurry?

UFC title fights happen all the time - usually at least once a month. Most sports only crown a champion once a year. Even in PRIDE, most champions fought in more non-title fights than title fights.

Back