Does the UFC even think about Bellator when they cut people??

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
I mean geez

Businesswise wouldn't it make sense to never let anyone go cause they always get snatched up by Bellator

It's their competition bro

E4A68A51-679B-43E3-AA90-D448BB2CF44E.gif

Last edited:
Yes,

Why do you think they still technically keep CM Punk around and others?

Why do you think they kept giving BJ fights?

Why do you think they resigned Cro Cop when they did - to stop them all going to Bellator.

Of course they do. But Bellator is legit competition to them; they can’t get or keep every fighter they want. They’re not a monopoly.

They. Don't. Care. Clippy

They don't need to, care to or want to. It's an integral part of a monopoly, owning others thoughts..... When the fighters are dreaming of fighting for You Fight Cheap and the consequences of of their decisions are applauded by us, the fans, who care for nothing but our entertainment. Then why would the corporate scum care?

UFC is letting go of fighters that don't move the needle, even if they're good. Rory, Moose, and Bader come to mind. I don't think Dana minds one bit that these guys are winning fights in Bellator, because the ROI doesn't offset what he'd have to pay them.

UFC is letting go of fighters that don't move the needle, even if they're good. Rory, Moose, and Bader come to mind. I don't think Dana minds one bit that these guys are winning fights in Bellator, because the ROI doesn't offset what he'd have to pay them.
That’s a pile of baloney. Rory and Mousasi are needle movers. They sell fights. Bellator just outbid the UFC for them. The UFC is not a monopoly. They got outcompeted for those big names by another big company.

Same as a spouse you can't stand. You're done with em but don't want anyone having them until they're out of prime.

IMO, Rory has definitely lost ground, mostly from the Lawler fights, but Bader was a loss; they should have kept him. He may never have been champion but he's a real fighter and on any given night could be in the mix for the belt.

Bellator gives better contracts
For a recognizable fighter, they pay more than 28k, and you can have sponsors

That’s a pile of baloney. Rory and Mousasi are needle movers. They sell fights. Bellator just outbid the UFC for them. The UFC is not a monopoly. They got outcompeted for those big names by another big company.

Exactly, the UFC is not a monopoly—I repeat: NOT a monopoly! Bellator is like, super serious competition! And that will be true for at least as long as it takes to beat their antitrust lawsuit :)

I doubt Bellator will be in any rush to sign Ringboy and big titties.

I mean geez

Businesswise wouldn't it make sense to never let anyone go cause they always get snatched up by Bellator

They think about anything that involves $. Hell, that's the ONLY thing they think about now. They weigh the contract demands of a fighter vs that fighter's profitability to the company and make the decision based on that alone. Bellator being their competition weighs in only in so much as how WME/UFC believe it will affect their bottom line long term. They may not always be right on their assessments, but for sure they are looking at every financial angle.

They should never release a single fighter. UFC should have all of them. All. Of. Them.

Yes, that is why UFC has not cut Anderson Silva and BJ Penn. They could still be big draws for Bellator, and Silva would still be competitive there.

I mean geez

If someone does not want to sign the contract you're offering them, you can't keep them in a contract, leaving them open to sign with a competing promotion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monsterbomb
Back