Does the KF single weave shrink alot?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by billdog, Sep 27, 2010.

1. billdog

billdog Brown Belt

When dried in high heat?

2. BJJ Coffee Drinker

BJJ Coffee Drinker Amateur Fighter

my teammate has this gi and it didn't look like it shrunk too much. But I dont know if he dried it on high heat, I just know that he did dry it. My instructor has a couple of singles and his did look like they shrank a good bit but his KF single weave is like almost more than 10 years old model but the design is the same. I bought a gold weave about 2 years ago and that thing did shrink significantly. Then, I bought another gold weave about a year later and it seems like they changed the manufacturing/style of the gi or something like that and the new gold weave barely shrunk much at all. I am not sure if they did the same thing to their single weaves. But if you are worried about shrinking, don't dry in high heat and just use medium or low heat.

3. billdog

billdog Brown Belt

sup ed! this is chris from shaolin's! :p

4. MUFC

MUFC Brown Belt

Looking at your lineage, you're a Nova Uniao guy?

Reason I ask is, my instructor is Nova Uniao, and has a bunch of KF gis. Wagnney Fabiano, I have always seen in a KF gi, same with Leo Santos (when they come in to teach).

5. BJJ Coffee Drinker

Hey Chris! Funny, what a coincidence. SUp dude! How's training going on at Shaolin's? I saw your recent match on youtube. that guy is a very good opponent.

DId you get a single weave KF? My friend came back from Brazil about a month ago and had some single weaves with him. he purchased them in Brazil and bought them back. Get this-he got them for $60 each in US dollars! that's a sick deal.

yes, my instructor is from Nova Uniao. His instructor is actually Wagnney and Leo's uncle and he was training partners with Wagnney and the old group of guys. What is your instructor's name?

6. MUFC

MUFC Brown Belt

Scott Lewis.

7. billdog

billdog Brown Belt

yea i bought 2 A2 single weaves and theyre a little big, so i gotta shrink them
    zata is a tough kid man, its hard to stop dlr against a long guy like that, but i hope i get to fight him again

8. BJJ Coffee Drinker

A2s?! Do you wear a2 for all your gis? We are about the same size no? Also, just wondering, what size gi is your keiko raca gold weave, the white one with red lining around certain parts of the gi.

and good news, I just asked my teammate today about his single weave that looks like it didn't shrink. It turns out there was little shrinkage because he has never washed in hot water or dried the gi and he doesn't plan to. he hang dried the gi and found that it still did shrink a little bit which he was not hoping for.

9. billdog

billdog Brown Belt

not anymore man ive been lifting and i put on some weight haha, im 150 now
    my gi size depends on the gi, atama and fuji is a2, keiko and koral is a1 for me
    kf has the same size chart as atama so i got the a2, it isnt huge on me but its a little baggy, so i hope it shrinks some more

10. IQwrestler

IQwrestler Green Belt

How would you compare the gold to the single? Is the single a one piece?