Does Rousey have the cardio to go five hard rounds with Bethe?

Ever Watchful

There is evil there that does not sleep
Platinum Member
Reaction score
We've only ever seen her finish fights quickly, and the one time it made it out of the first it was in a fight where she was in complete control.

If Bethe avoids getting tossed or at least can defend the submission and make Rousey really work for everything...could Bethe hope that she eventually wilts under her relentless pressure enough for her to flurry on an exhausted Rousey and secure a late-early TKO or at least steal the latter rounds?

Bethe looks like she has cardio for days, and has seen the judges numerous times in her career, Rousey's cardio for five is just a big 'ol question mark.

If Rousey really wants to prolong the fight, that could be a fatal error...

Thoughts?

Yes because Bethe lacks the strength, speed, power, athleticism, and skill to push Rousey.

Seeing how Ronda trains and knowing her judo career, her cardio won't be a problem, but anything can happen, what if Bethe lands a good shot that shakes Ronda how will she do recovering? Since she's never taken any damage, she has tons of patience when she's on the ground so I can't see her getting worn down, I hope Bethe can stretch the fight but I doubt it will happen..

Does Bethe have the skill to last one round with Ronda? That's the real question.

Does Bethe have the cardio to grapple for 5 rounds? I don't know since we've never seen it. Throwing arm punches with no power doesn't take nearly as much energy.

The real question is does Bethe have the cardio to fend off the bigger, stronger, more athletic, more explosive Ronda for five rounds. If this fight makes it out of the first round it's because either Bethe has been somehow able to fend off a fighter who's much more physically gifted than her, and that's far more taxing on the gas tank than any fight Bethe has had so far, or because Ronda is dragging the fight out.

I don't think cardio is going to come into play. But if it did, I would favor Ronda's cardio over Bethe's. I doubt either of them have cardio issues though.

We've only ever seen her finish fights quickly, and the one time it made it out of the first it was in a fight where she was in complete control.

If Bethe avoids getting tossed or at least can defend the submission and make Rousey really work for everything...could Bethe hope that she eventually wilts under her relentless pressure enough for her to flurry on an exhausted Rousey and secure a late-early TKO or at least steal the latter rounds?

Bethe looks like she has cardio for days, and has seen the judges numerous times in her career, Rousey's cardio for five is just a big 'ol question mark.

If Rousey really wants to prolong the fight, that could be a fatal error...

Thoughts?

Thoughts????
Rhonda's mom is one ugly woman.

Why would she have to? What exactly is Bethe going to do to her if she gets tired? Bethe may have won her fights but she is by no means a finisher. One of her 2 finishes was Shayna Bazler just standing there with her hands down while Bethe was just taking free shots at her and she still couldn't knock her down.

That's one of the crappier things about WMMA. The "anything could happen" possibility isn't really there cause of the lack of power most of them have.

Considering what we know about her as a competitor, my guess is she can go 10 rounds.

Not going to matter. All Rousey needs is 3 at the very most.

Ronda doesn't need to have good cardio. It won't go past the first round.

Rousey has a deviated septum and I suspect after her career ends it will come out that she tried to finish fights so quickly because she wasn't able to go five rounds at a high level. She breathes out of her mouth with her jaw hanging down because of it.

Rousey has a deviated septum and I suspect after her career ends it will come out that she tried to finish fights so quickly because she wasn't able to go five rounds at a high level. She breathes out of her mouth with her jaw hanging down because of it.

giphy.gif

Back