• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Rory Mcdonald have any truly impressive wins?

Time out....let's not get carried away now. It makes you lose a bit of your credibility when you claim that rory's fights in the UFC was more anything compared to Jones. So I simply say that in Jones 1st 10 fights in the UFC he faced Ryan Bader-Vladimr-Matt Hamilton- Brandon Vera- Quinton Jackson-Machida and Maurcia Rua.

And let's not forgot becoming the youngest UFC champion...his current run facing and beating the men he's fought is simply unmatched.

I have to say I'm more than I bit disgusted that you really tried to compare the two

Edit:Sorry just realized you said 1st 6, but honestly it doesn't really change much of what I said.

Matt Hamilton is your boy huh? That disgusts me.

He has loads of good wins. Pyle, Mills, Mein are good wins. He a couple standout wins and those are BJ Penn and Nate Diaz.

every win in the ufc is impressive.
also, need to take into account all his W's have been DOMINANT

so far Rory has been impressive in every single UFC fight hes had including his fight w/ Condit...its beyond clear that this kid is a legit contender at WW...just watch the fights and there can be no other conclusion...the kid is really good

With all those wins against lightweights he should drop to 155 and tear shit up!

win over bj was very impressive. diaz lost the first round vs bj then beat him up when he gassed. rory pounded the shit out of him from start to finish and bj seemed to be in way better shape. diaz blew everyone away with that performance

Mike Pyle was a good win. Pyle was top 15 or at least top 20, when they fought. Rory easily beat him.

I think he has some quality names, even though BJ has looked atrocious in 5 of the last 7 rounds he's fought. I also think Rory should've beaten or drawn with Condit.

But it's a lot like Jones used to be. I remember the internet was abuzz that Jones hadn't fought anyone before the Shogun fight. But if you look how the guy was winning, it's a lot like college football where yeah, back in the day it wasn't a big deal that USC beat a mid-shelf PAC 10 team. But the fact that they were throwing up 55-14 scores pretty much week in and week out, that lets you know they're a force. Rory's a lot like that, in my opinion.

Back