Does Ronda do actual sparring in her camp?

AndItIsAllOver

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Most of the videos I've seen of Ronda's training, she's either grappling with someone, doing pad work with Edmond, or shadowboxing. I've never actually seen her practice her striking against someone. I remember reading that she sparred with Mikaela Mayer, but couldn't find any videos of this.

Obviously, doing just pad work and shadowboxing alone will not prepare someone for a fight which involves striking. It just seems like she doesn't put what ever boxing that she learns into actual use during her training camp...

Most of the videos I've seen of Ronda's training, she's either grappling with someone, doing pad work with Edmond, or shadowboxing. I've never actually seen her practice her striking against someone. I remember reading that she sparred with Mikaela Mayer, but couldn't find any videos of this.

Obviously, doing just pad work and shadowboxing alone will not prepare someone for a fight which involves striking. It just seems like she doesn't put what ever boxing that she learns into actual use during her training camp...
Sparring is overrated m'fer, she hits teh mitts bro
<{cum@me}>

You guys would question the training techniques delivered by the Armenian Ali?

Heretics!

I guarantee you one thing she probably had less than 30 hours in the ring with a southpaw before she fought Holly...everything that came from that left side landed on her. She was moving the wrong direction turning the wrong direction....she didn't know what the fuck was going on from that left side

Yes but the problem is the gloves they use at GFC are made out of donuts

100% no, ive been boxing for 10 years. The way she reacted when getting clipped is a sign of her not knowing wtf to do when gets hit. Why was she flaring her elbow out when ever she punches, first day of boxing they usually teach you to keep your elbow glued to your rib cages. Fucking edmond is the blame for all of this

Certainly didn't look like she was.

After being with Travis Browne for so long, you'd think she'd be able to take a punch by now.

Mikaela Mayer was only there for a week or two

Yeah first thing that came to my mind after watching her get stun-locked like a n00b.

I mean if you see the footage of her pad work it looks deceptively good. She's bobbing and weaving and moving with the gloves. But turns out it was all charade. A carefully choreographed display of movement that had no real practical application in real combat.

Seriously it's actually upsetting at how much her camp and training resembles some mystical voodoo TMA training regiment. She was better off coming in with Crane Style.

The answer seems to be no...Lord Chael made this point several times in his post fight analysis...repeatedly saying she doesn't spar and only hits mitts...

The answer seems to be no...Lord Chael made this point several times in his post fight analysis...repeatedly saying she doesn't spar and only hits mitts...

Do you by any chance have a link to the video/post of his? Would like to hear what he had to say.

Nope. Hard sparring is where you learn how to cover up. Edmond just let her hit the mitts really fast so she could think she was a badass.

I was thinking about this last night, I truly believe she does no striking sparring or if she does it is maybe like 3% of her camp. I have no fucking clue how someone can spend YEARS boxing and come out looking like that in a world title fight. I had better striking on my 3rd day of Muay Thai than Ronda has in years and years of training.

If she did do any ringwork, which I highly doubt, she probably gave out explicit orders not to hit the face. She doesn't want to ruin her movie career.

Back