Does Prime Rockhold beat Strickland?

Rockhold literally fought Weidman right before getting stopped by Bisping.

Last edited:
Sean hasn't fought any good wrestlers other than Usman. Kennedy and Jacare take him down in their primes and out grapple him. Luke in his prime would do well keeping the range with kicks and at some point would get on top in a scramble and hurt him bad with strikes or submit him.

Kennedy beat Bisping when he was passed his prime and I think Bisping's TDD and defensive grappling was far more proven than Sean's and the version of Kennedy we are talking about is younger and better.
Hermansson is better wrestler than Jacare

Yes. But he won’t be a huge favourite

This is not true, Bisping never knocked anyone else out like that.
If Bisping hit anyone else like that, they’d be in trouble. Bisping has said that’s the cleanest shot he’s landed on anyone.

That’s a severe lack of defence and respect

I’m talking about fit, cardio, 31 year old prime peak of masculinity Luke Rockhold that fought Weidman. If he were to go toe to toe with Strickland, how would it end up? Luke with kicks from the outside and a sub from a scramble or Strickland find the infamous Rockhold chin?

discuss
Strickland via 1-2 after upsetting Rockhold by calling him names for being a male model.
Strickland could easily do what Bisping did to Rockhold.

I always wish these fantasy matchups could come into actual existence. It's a shame none of us will ever know for sure. What I do know however is that Rockhold didn't just get a W over Weidman back when it meant something, he beat the living fuck out of him. Unless Strickland lands something standing, I think his shit gets pushed in worse than Weidman

Pre-Bisping loss Luke makes easy work of Sean. I like to make fun of Luke as much as anybody, but let's not forget that he was an absolute animal before Bisping took his soul.

I’m talking about fit, cardio, 31 year old prime peak of masculinity Luke Rockhold that fought Weidman. If he were to go toe to toe with Strickland, how would it end up? Luke with kicks from the outside and a sub from a scramble or Strickland find the infamous Rockhold chin?

discuss
No

Yall still not over this bust
{<jordan}
GUYS Give it up,last i heard he got beat TF up
by malibu's most wanted in some hill billy barn knuckle fight

<Dany07>

<bball1>How tf you lose to bisping in your prime tho

Strikeforce Luke can compete with Anderson in that time period, imo. Strickland will be a cakewalk as Luke can kick/fight forward unlike Izzy.

No, just no. No version of Luke would ever be competitive with Anderson.

<EdgyBrah>the questions the fans really wanna know....
upload_2023-10-14_22-19-40.jpeg
upload_2023-10-14_22-20-27.jpeg
upload_2023-10-14_22-20-49.jpeg
giphy.gif

Depends. Are we talking prime Strickland who tooled Izzy, or ar we talking the Strickland who got ko'ed by Alex way before Strickland hit his prime?
the cannonier fight was way before strickland's prime as well. we've only seen prime strickland for one fight.

Luke's shit-tier boxing defense gets him finished. Sean has very good hands. Terrible matchup for Luke.

Strickland by TKO. Easy win.

Rockhold kicks Stricklands shit in and subs him off a body shot that drops him

- Usman has 3 times the cardio Rockhold had.
- Usman had good takedowns, Rockhold doesn't.
1 Machida slipped
2 Weidman failed with his roundhouse kick.
3 Bisping got headbutted and headkicked.
- Wasn't prime Strickland
- Rockhold gassed in the 2nd against Weidman

Strickland wins via cardio and finds that chin on a tired Rockhold. 8/10
Rockhold gets it on the ground via something random 2/10
Pretty much how I see it too

Back