Does 'Miracle Cross' belong at 9/11 museum in New York?

It's called the miracle cross. Divinity is implicit.

Of course.

I suppose you're seriously considering take the manufacturers of the Miracle Ear hearing aid to court for trying to imply their product was created by Jesus, or that it improves hearing through some sort of Evangelical faith-healing magic and not technological advancement.

That should send a clear message to Kraft Foods that they need to stop pushing their religious agenda down everyone's throat that Miracle Whip sandwich spread makes everyone's food taste better through the power Jesus Christ. Yeah...like he invented it because conjuring up loaves and fishes was great, but he decided to go one step further and create something to give their fish sandwiches a little "zip."

Or maybe you and every other moron could try getting it through your thick skulls that practically everything you're all outraged and offended over has no basis in reality...oh, *HELL* no. That "sandwich topping" thing is easier to believe.

I suppose you're seriously considering take the manufacturers of the Miracle Ear hearing aid to court for trying to imply their product was created by Jesus, or that it improves hearing through some sort of Evangelical faith-healing magic and not technological advancement.

Wow, this is a shit analogy for several reasons.

1. Nobody mentioned Jesus. Stop embarrassing yourself.
2. Nobody mentioned Religion. Again, you're embarrassing yourself.
3. The WTC people are dead, they were murdered and they're never coming back. There is nothing divine or miraculous about that.
4. I presume this miracle ear thing lets people hear again? Well that is rather cool, given that their hearing which they once damaged is going to COME BACK. It is rather "miraculous"... The dead people who are at the bottom of millions of tonnes of rubble aren't coming back. They're dead and there is nothing miraculous about that. It's rather insulting to suggest anything of the sort, implicitly or explicitly or whichever way tickles your fancy.

Do you see the difference, professor? Of course you don't.

That should send a clear message to Kraft Foods that they need to stop pushing their religious agenda down everyone's throat that Miracle Whip sandwich spread makes everyone's food taste better through the power Jesus Christ. Yeah...like he invented it because conjuring up loaves and fishes was great, but he decided to go one step further and create something to give their fish sandwiches a little "zip."

Again with a very, very shit analogy.
How many people have died around kraft food? When did sandwich spread become a point where victims of sandwich spread attacks rally around?

You've gone out of your way to make yourself look like a daft, chump. Kudos.

Historically significant event, yes. but the only religion that has any significance here is radical Islam. It wasn't Christianity (or any religion for that matter)that prevented the terrorism. It wasn't religion that saved people pulled from the rubble. It wasn't religion that rebuilt the site. Sure, some of these people might have been Christian, but there were many other religions (and secular) involved here.

It's just a piece of steel modified by someone to look like a cross. there was probably thousands of pieces just like this littered across ground zero. What's so special about this pieces? Was it found to have been protecting a family at its base? Was anyone magically healed by touching it or looking upon it? Was gods voice projecting out from it? There's nothing miraculous about it.

Put it in a museum, but don't attribute some divine meaning to it.

You're missing the point. People already have attributed divine intention or at least religiously symbolic meaning to it. Hence, "religious significance".
The museum itself doesn't have to attribute anything other than the fact that it was a part of the event, and the religious response of those that were there (whether as a divine miracle or simply as something symbolic).
It doesn't matter what you believe or don't believe about it, it's the role it played in the event.

Last edited:
Stop embarrassing yourself

...this, from the guy who says "I don't care what the museum calls it!" and "It's insulting that they call it that!" within the same friggin' comment, while assigning meaning and interpretation to the words "miracle cross" that not only lack any kind of basis in reality, but practically commit violence to sense.

Do you see the difference, professor? Of course you don't.

My point, you halfwit wunderkind, was this:

The reasons for taking exception to the use of the word "miracle" in the two farcical examples I provided make about as much freakin' sense as the reasons you and the other knotheads give for being upset over the use of "miracle" in "miracle cross."

Though since you fail to see why the "miracle cross" flap makes no sense, and instead persist in assigning mind-blowingly idiotic connotations to the name ("They're saying Jesus hijacked the planes! It's insulting!") I wasn't counting on you figuring it out.

...this, from the guy who says "I don't care what the museum calls it!" and "It's insulting that they call it that!" within the same friggin' comment, while assigning meaning and interpretation to the words "miracle cross" that not only lack any kind of basis in reality, but practically commit violence to sense.

My point, you halfwit wunderkind, was this:

The reasons for taking exception to the use of the word "miracle" in the two farcical examples I provided make about as much freakin' sense as the reasons you and the other knotheads give for being upset over the use of "miracle" in "miracle cross."

Though since you fail to see why the "miracle cross" flap makes no sense, and instead persist in assigning mind-blowingly idiotic connotations to the name ("They're saying Jesus hijacked the planes! It's insulting!") I wasn't counting on you figuring it out.

Blah blah blah.

You completely brushed over the fact that I dismantled your sandwich spread analogy.

You've got to do better than hearing aids and sandwich spread to be taken seriously.

tkotom wins this thread

How are the dead people going to see that God is still with them? Or is their death the miraculous part? Your line of reasoning is flawed.

How are the dead people going to see that God is still with them? The same way that dead people get insulted.:D

I imagine that the definition of "win" you're using is from a dictionary that's not in general circulation.

In this case, the definition is what makes me chuckle.

Entertaining read regardless

Back