Does Joseph Benavidez deserve another title fight?

Yoville

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's pointless for Joseph Benavidez to get another title fight. His fights should be on prelims cos he isn't exciting to watch.

He's made quite the case for himself with his current win streak. Really can't deny him the opportunity in my opinion, especially given that if DJ beats Cejudo as many of us expect him to, there are not much in the way of logical contenders.

There's nobody else left at FLW after Cejudo for DJ to fight. It's either fight Benavidez or move up to BW.

Yes I think so, I don't think he got the chance to fight to his potential in his last crack at the strap. Probably the most competitive fight for MM at 125.

I like Joe. but I really can't see him beating DJ anytime soon. He definitely deserves it though.

Horiguchi vs. Reis, winner should fight Joe B
Scoggins vs. Smolka is also fight to make
Disagree, give Smolka to Pettis, Smolka doesn't have a ranked win yet he doesn't deserve a top 10 guy just because he beat Paddy Holohan.

Disagree, give Smolka to Pettis, Smolka doesn't have a ranked win yet he doesn't deserve a top 10 guy just because he beat Paddy Holohan.
Smolka/Pettis is good too, winner should fight Scoggins then

Only if Cejudo beats DJ then Benavidez should get the next title shot since they have not faced each other.

Scoggins made his case last night.
He been beaten by every top 10 fighter he's faced and he's only on a two fight winning streak. Not enough to warrant a title shot imo.

He been beaten by every top 10 fighter he's faced and he's only on a two fight winning streak. Not enough to warrant a title shot imo.
Scoggins would be favoured in rematches against both Ortiz and Moraga.

He was beating Moraga every second of the fight until the guillotine.

Ortiz fight was close, and Scoggins has improved significantly since then.

Scoggins would be favoured in rematches against both Ortiz and Moraga.

He was beating Moraga every second of the fight until the guillotine.

Ortiz fight was close, and Scoggins has improved significantly since then.
That may be true but he I really don't believe he's proved it yet. We won't know until he fights a legit top 10 guy and wins.

He deserves another shot for sure.

The first fight was extremely close. The 2nd ended in a flash KO in the 1st round. I think he has fought his way back to the top and deserves another crack at it. There are no other clear contenders anyways

Why not? From a business stand point it really doesn't matter who Mighty Mouse fights. The PPV buys won't be good. Probably co main a big PPV fight .

He fought him really well in the first fight, maybe you could argue he won even.

Unfortunately he was knocked unconscious in the rematch and it diminished a lot of how well he did previously.

After Cejudo there is no one left to fight MM basically, so why not have a third fight?

Back