Does Jones lose the Title if he Loses by DQ?

Verb356**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am picturing a scenario where Jones is losing, and to avoid losing his belt, he intentionally eye pokes DC and the ref happens to see it. DC can't continue, so Jones looses by disqualification. Would he also happen to drop the belt in that scenario?

Jones is pretty smart about using the rules to his advantage, and this may be a way for him to retain the belt.

What if he sucker punches DC before the fight during the stare down, and it is ruled a NC. Does he lose the belt also?

The answer is pretty fucking simple. If he loses in anyway he loses the belt. A no contest isnt a loss so the belt wouldnt change hands.

What if Cormier takes a dump in his hand and slaps Jones with it during the staredown??? No, neither Jones or Cormier are going to sucker punch each other

if the ref counts to 10 while he's outside the ring, Jones loses the fight but not the belt.

The answer is pretty fucking simple. If he loses in anyway he loses the belt. A no contest isnt a loss so the belt wouldnt change hands.

What if Cormier takes a dump in his hand and slaps Jones with it during the staredown??? No, neither Jones or Cormier are going to sucker punch each other

Now that is something i would pay good money to see

Obvious yes, but would be an immediate rematch.

I am picturing a scenario where Jones is losing, and to avoid losing his belt, he intentionally eye pokes DC and the ref happens to see it. DC can't continue, so Jones looses by disqualification. Would he also happen to drop the belt in that scenario?

Jones is pretty smart about using the rules to his advantage, and this may be a way for him to retain the belt.

What if he sucker punches DC before the fight during the stare down, and it is ruled a NC.
Does he lose the belt also?

Why the hell would they rule that a NC? Lol that would be a DQ for sure, and a suspension.

Disqualification = loss.

But of course that would likely wind up in an immediate rematch.

No, champions are just allowed to bite their opponent's face like Hannibal Lecter and still retain their title.

Has anybody in the history of MMA or combat sports in general ever won a belt via DQ? Seemed like a valid question to me.

Why the hell would they rule that a NC? Lol that would be a DQ for sure, and a suspension.

Could be because technically the fights hasn't started or something like that.

When Herring knocked out Nakao for kissing him at the staredown it was a no contest...and funny as hell

Yes, if Jones were to lose, he loses and it's a loss.

When Herring knocked out Nakao for kissing him at the staredown it was a no contest...and funny as hell

True but that was because technically they both were at fault. Nakao initiated it with the kiss. Plus that was in Japan.

If Jones just popped DC it would be a DQ no doubt, considering how big of a stage it is on.

Could be because technically the fights hasn't started or something like that.

Nah, they would DQ him. They can't let shit like that fly or lots of fighters would start doing it.

Has anybody in the history of MMA or combat sports in general ever won a belt via DQ? Seemed like a valid question to me.

Luis Santana took the WBC world light middleweight title from Terry Norris in 1995 by DQ for a late punch. He lost the immediate rematch.

I don't know, but Brian Olsen retained the WEC's heavyweight title against Mike Kyle after Kyle kicked his face while he was grounded. Curiously, the WEC's heavyweight div was abolished months after.

Yes, Montell Griffin won a title via Roy Jones Jr. getting DQ'd for hitting him while he was down.

a Sherdog user who isn't familiar with the rulebook? shocker....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back