Does Izzy have the power/strength to KO or even submit Yoel?

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I predict Izzy wins the fight in similar fashion to his fight vs Gastelum. But I'm curious to see how many people think he's got enough power/strength to KO or submit Yoel? I don't think Yoel's ever been submitted and he hasn't been KO'd in almost 10 years (2011).

He can KO him later in the fight. Izzy carries his power late and Yoel usually slows down after round 3.

Has Adesanya ever attempted a submission in his career? He has never won a fight by submission so I'd say that is likely not happening.

TKO could happen

Decision is most likely. That cuban medicine is next-level shit.

Izzy has KO'd multiple heavyweights in kickboxing.

Safe to say he can KO Romero..

Submission? Doubtful.

If he catches him with a kick yes. With a punch probably not unless Yoel is super tired and exhausted.

Adesanya in a tough decision
<Goldie11>

He's a lot faster, longer, has better cardio and a larger variety of striking techniques

100% he can KO him, I'd argue it's the most likely scenario

I don't think the power is what matters as much as the accuracy. For sure I think he could finish 43 year old Romero. Not sure he will though. He might be more content to out point him. Romero is dangerous AF.

Dude Koed Robert twice in one fight

He can probably tko Yoel, but it will take a while if he does

I believe so.
Israel looks way more frail than he actually is

I was so sure he couldn’t KO the reaper, lol.

Who the hell knows. If Yoel gets sloppy he’s probably going to sleep.

Izzy can stop him. He seems to be a timing heavy striker. Dosen't matter how good your chin is if a guy times you coming in or out and cracks you when you're not expecting it. Anyone can get shaken then finished by a shot like that, and Izzy has the capabilities to time shots like that. Brute forcing Yoels chin has already proven to be not a great tactic as he can take it, and likely dish it out twice as heavy. He also dosen't mind a sneaky tactic or two if he is hurt so gotta watch out.

Last edited:
I'm predicting a decision win for Izzy but yeah sure he has the capability to KO Yoel.

he KOd fat unathletic HWs

Sometimes those "fat unathletic HWs" can have the best beards though. Think Roy Nelson & Mark Hunt.
Besides, speed kills. Especially when combined with accuracy like Izzy has. I think he makes Romero look every bit of his age & stops him inside three rounds.

Yes, I am picking Adesanya by tko in the third-fifth round.

Neither knockouts nor submissions are solely based on power or strength.

Let me answer for you this way: Izzy has the technique to KO Yoel.

if i remember correctly didn't Izzy almost catch Kelvin in a triangle or something? not saying that means much cause obviously Yoel is a lot bigger, stronger, a better grappler and overall better athlete than Kelvin, but Izzy has shown decent subs so if Yoel underestimates him on the ground it's not a 100% certainty Izzy can't wrap something up (if i remembered correctly, that is.)

that said, i would feel comfortable betting my nutsack that Izzy doesn't submit Yoel.

Back