• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Izzy deserve an immediate rematch or no?

Immediate rematch?

• Total voters
Izzy is basically 0-3 against Poatan.. How many times do they have to fight like 100 times

He shouldn't but that's how UFC operates. If you lose via stoppage or fair in square in general, you should have to earn it back. I 'd like to Whittaker/Alex. I think Whittaker wrestles him all night with ease.

Alex is 3-0 2 by ko/tko. What's the point but then again who else he gonna fight so yeah I guess

In this case, yeah. This is MMA. He’s 0-1 in it, has 5 title defences, was winning 3-1, the stoppage was okay but could be questioned. And there’s literaly no one else to fight for the middleweight belt (stfu about Khamzat).

i usually hate instant rematches, but this is one of those very few circumstances where one is perfectly fine

Like I've been saying all week, Adecisionya cant buy a stoppage nowadays, so of course he was going to eventuallty get caught by a powerful guy within those 5 rounds

Honestly? I thought it was a bad stoppage. He was getting tagged but still moving and trying to avoid

<45>
He took half a dozen clean full power hits, even right before the stoppage Pereira was still connecting. There is no way he wouldn't have been knocked out had the fight lasted 10 more seconds.

depends. alex is up 3-0

if he's chasing money the izzy rematch makes sense. but he could really just vacate and make izzy move up to LHW. Izzy will never be taken seriously as a MW champ if alex is still in the ufc.

Instant rematches are dumb, but if there was a time for the UFC to stop doing them, it's not right now. You can't even plug in a guy to fight Alex that Izzy hasn't beaten in the past 2 years.

He's lost to him 3 times now. Even if 2 of them weren't in MMA I don't think he deserves a immediate rematch.

How do you lose three fights in a row and then get a rematch

I hate immediate rematches, but when you've got a dominant champion like Izzy, they almost always get the immediate rematch.

I mean I'm sure Robert Whittaker is chomping at the bit to go wrestle Pereira to an easy title win, but more than likely it's an Izzy rematch.

please dana! hes fucking awful!

I can't see Dana not running this back. Izzy totally had him until the 5th. Izzy has been a historical champ and if anyone deserves a runback it is him. There also isn't exactly a queue in that division.

He was doing really well but gave his foe his game

Back