Does Inoki-Bom-Ba-Ye Upset some of you?

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of Sherdogers get offended when Pro-wrestling and mma start blurring lines. It doesn't bother me. Pro Wrestling is pretty silly and Isn't for everybody, but it really helped birth MMA how we have it today, so I think Events like Inoki-Bom-Ba-Ye are kind of cool.

Considering IGF is primarily a pro-wrestling organization, I don't see why anyone who orded it would be offended by it featuring pro-wrestling matches on it.

I don't mind it in Japan so long as the MMA matches the pro wrestlers are in aren't against higher tier fighters who have other people waiting in line to fight them (ie: Fujita vs Fedor) or in their tournaments "to determine the best Heavyweight on the Planet" (ie: Naoya Ogawa in the PRIDE HW GP.)

I mean, I have to accept some of it. Especially since I used to love Pancrase with the old rules and most of the fighters there were Pro Wrestlers.

If it's entertaining it's entertaining. An occasional show like IGF won't hurt anything.

I don't mind the pro wrestling but hybrid MMA/kickboxing cards are way better.

I don't mind the pro wrestling but hybrid MMA/kickboxing cards are way better.

Yeah I agree. Most of the regional mma productions in the town I live in are hybrid kickboxing and MMA events. It's kind of cool watching kickboxing in a cage.

hippomad.gif

Japanese pro wrestling has never bothered me, they do it right and it ends up being entertaining a lot. American pro wrestling (WWE) is like watching a really bad soap opera with a bunch of roided up guys in their underwear.

Stuff like IGF doesn't bother me at all, they embrace what they are.

It was pretty cool.

No issue with it as long as they don't try to sell a pro wrestling match as an actual MMA fight or anything like that.

I'm a pro-wrestling fan but I don't want it mixed with my MMA.

It's an extremely fine line that you don't want to cross. Everyone knows pro-wrestling is scripted and when you try to mix in MMA fights on the same show and do angles, that's a bad recipe.

The last thing you want people to think is that an MMA fight is scripted. You risk ruinining the entire sport and having fans never trust your organization again.

Don't care for the fake stuff but the show was better for me than the ufc.
I fast forward between ufc fights so i don't have to listen to the drunk and know it all homer rogan.
I also never watch the near midgets in the ufc.
Then there's unprofessional Dana, can't see supporting anything he's involved in.

The pro wrestling standards over there used to be top notch. Matches were snug and a treat to watch. Barnett, Minowa, Ogawa, Sapp, all of them, are absolutely awful in terms of their pro wrestling working. Complete dog shit. I couldn't buy into any of it due to the execution by all parties. I have no desire to watch that as a lifelong fan of PW.

Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye offered more than MMA since its inception; kick boxing, chick fights and MMA all being part of the show. I don't have an issue with pro wrestling, provided it's entertaining. What has been on display over the last several years is garbage. IMO, Sports Entertainment Pro Wrestling is miscast on a JMMA card.

As for the Japanese events in general, I try not to judge it. They are only doing what they can to survive to promote another event in the future. Hopefully they tighten up the event moving forward, with better workers and more compelling fights.

Not in the least - as long as it's absolutely clear what's real and fake.
No going down the pro wrestling "worked shoot" path.

And I didn't care for CC being in a scripted confrontation before even leaving the ring after completing a legit match.

doesn't upset me that it was a mix of pro wrestling and MMA.

it upsets me JMMA NYE isn't what it once was.

All of the big Japanese MMA orgs started due to pro wrestling, so no.

Back