Does Hill stand a chance?

Hill completely dominated Glover on the feet AND the ground. That same Glover busted up Jiri and was seconds away from winning a unanimous decision.

Hill is underrated because of his build and attitude. Gun to my head, Hill has more ways to win and Alex is chinny. The X factor is if Hill is coming back way too early. He doesn’t look in shape to me.

Hill by KO. probably the most underrated fighter of recent memory. Alex trains under Glover and isn't getting any younger.

Hill hits hard and Alex isn’t exactly prime Dom Cruz in there

I'm pulling for Hill over Perreira. I hope he can do it.

Hill is the better boxer and never been KO'd. They are both 6'4" with a 79" reach. Both guys have a good chance.

Alex seems a bit of a glass cannon and Hill can crack, so, yeah, he's gotta chance. But I do think it's AP's fight to lose.

I don’t think Alex is as good as the UFC makes him out to be. I think this fight will be closer than what people think and if Jamal takes him down and works him in the ground it could be a lot more in his favor obviously.

Hill has two arms. Hill has 2 legs. He should use them to run away

Anything's possible, and Hill hits hard, but Alex is the much better striker. I see him destroying Hill's legs and knocking him out within 2 rounds.

I feel this fight can go either way. I favor Hill -- I feel his striking is a touch better for MMA. His defense has come a long way since his UFC debut. I wouldn't put money on this though. I'm thinking the leg kicks from Poatan may be a problem.

Is it just myself or does Alex not have a way to avoid over hand punches? Hill likes those and has great speed and power using them. Is he recovered and truly in fight shape, is a factor. If Hill eats Alex's lead leg low kicks and counters with the overhand right, it could be a short round, not like in Indiana Jones. I don't mind who wins.

Last edited:
If Hill was 100%, I would still pick Alex to win. But his Achilles is a bit of a question mark. As to if it’s too early to be fighting? If it is too early, that brings Hill’s chances of winning down. Below what chance I would give him if the injury was back to 100% (or as close as it ever will get).

I’m picking Alex to win. But anybody that punches hard can win a fight. It’s called a puncher’s chance.

You can’t overlook anybody in the title picture these days. That’s just a really bad idea.

Of course he does. He has long, fast, hard punches. And Alex has a bit robotic head movement. I'd say he's shown to be a tad chinny, but that might just be at 185 where he was brutallizing himself with the weight cut. But if hill gets a bead with that right hand and lands it no question he can put alex out. To me it comes down to exactly how healed is Hill's leg, and how quickly can he land something meaningful on alex to get him backing up. If alex gets set up he's eating that compromised leg up in half a round.

Regardless of experience, when it’s two strikers solely striking anyone stands a chance.

Like Frank Shamrock said, any punch that lands is correct technique.

I'm right about in this camp.

Poatan has been hit and is hittable.

Hill is a hard hitter and fast.

I favor Poatan above what the odds makers have it because I think him to be a GREAT striker...

But his offense is still greater than his defense, & that leaves a very real opportunity for Hill.
I'm Interested to see if Alex can Implement his leg kicks early and see how hill reacts. Could make all the difference in this match up.

Yes. The oddsmakers have the fight almost even. Pereira is only a slight favorite.
Yup
Per CBS Sports: "Pereira is a -125 betting favorite (risk $125 to win $100), while Hill is offered at +105 in the UFC 300 odds."
This was updated 4 horus ago:

Back