Does Florian know Portuguese?

derderakht

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm watching the UFC FN 29 videos, and Kenny seems to immediately translate what Thiago Silva says to the ringside physician after the eyepoke. And I kinda get the feeling this is not the first time I see him doing this. Does he know Portuguese?

Dunno, but he's a smart fuck so I wouldn't be surprised.

images

Kenny is a learned man so he probably does.

spanish is very similar to portuguese. since both his parents are peruvian, i'm sure he is fluent in spanish and so he understands portuguese.

Kenny fights in all weight classes and speaks all languages. Deal with it, he's just better than you.

He's fluent in it.
he was joking around with Aldo before their fight

He lived in Brazil for awhile, not sure when, but it happened!

I think I've seen him say some words in an interview to Canal Combate. He seems to understand it well, though I've seen him make a few mistakes in translation.

Dunno, but he's a smart fuck so I wouldn't be surprised.

He's wicked smaht.

original.jpg

Even without his Spanish knowledge, I can see how he would have made an effort to pick up basic Portugues during his career.

Like someone else said, he speaks Spanish and Portugese isn't vastly different from that. So he can probably at the very least understand it.

Heck, I've been speaking Spanish for the past year and a half ish, and I can understand some of the Portugese.

You can pick up some on some Portuguese if you speak Spanish.

Back