Does Cormiers loss remind you of sonnens vs silva 2?

Tuaminator

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Both fighters seem really gutted they lost, but had so much confidence going into it and talked a big game.
Both of them seem to always fall at the final hurdle to becoming a champion. (though both were champions in other organizations) And it also seems like it was probably their last shot at the title. (Sonnen got to fight Jones but that was for money.)

They both were coming in with a lot of people saying they could win. They are both wrestlers. In my opinion they both seem like the "good guys" fighting against "fake" champions. Although the outcome was different sonnen screwed up a fight he was wining and got knocked out, While cormier just got beaten.

Perhaps its just me as a fan thinking this way because i was supporting both of them. They are by far the two matches i was most emotionally involved in. (no homo)

What do you guys think?

("er white belt lololol" and "cant spell hahah"

Reminds me more like Evans v Jones.Lots of animosity in the lead up to fight then under performing fight night.

No, it's nothing like AS V CH 2.

You realize one was a five round war, the other ended in a finish.

Chael dominated AS for five rounds in the first fight. It was the opposite in the second fight.

And Chael was never seen as a "good guy." DC, yes.

So, nah, bro.

Sonnen nearly snatched the title from Silva the first time, no wonder he had a lot of condifence the second time. The rest in "virtually identical" as Goldberg likes to say.

I suppose you could say they were similar but you expect similarities in title fights... Sonnen was a champ of what org?

Reminds me more like Evans v Jones.Lots of animosity in the lead up to fight then under performing fight night.

Jones/DC reminded me a lot of Jones/Evans as well. It was a rivalry that ended in a single fight. I can still imagine some zany situation where Silva/Sonnen 3 goes down. Jones vs DC/Evans 2, eh not so much...

Both had a lot of personal beef going into the fights and tremendous buildup. Both fights were pretty close in terms of how they actually played out, yet I seriously doubt we will ever see a rematch of either fight. Both times I saw the challenger realize after a couple of rounds that he couldn't win.

DC and Evans will never step in a cage with Jones again.

I suppose you could say they were similar but you expect similarities in title fights... Sonnen was a champ of what org?

Paulo Filho gave him the WEC belt, even though Sonnen didn't win the title on paper due to Filho missing weight.

Paulo Filho gave him the WEC belt, even though Sonnen didn't win the title on paper due to Filho missing weight.

I don't count that. It was a classy move by Filho but he was in no condition to fight that day.

No, it's nothing like AS V CH 2.

You realize one was a five round war, the other ended in a finish.

Chael dominated AS for five rounds in the first fight. It was the opposite in the second fight.

And Chael was never seen as a "good guy." DC, yes.

So, nah, bro.

What he said

WEC, kinda not really. He beat Paulo Filho who was champ at the time. Bit Filho didn't make weight so it turned into a non title.

LOL, no.

Apart from the fact it was a title fight, it was in no way similar to this fight.

it was a war,but you talk to some people on here,they like to paint it at as jones breezed through this one because of the scorecards lol

Back