Does Conor McGregor research his opponents?

Would explain how Conor was able to perfectly predict the path of the Dillashaw/Alpha Male situation and Aldo pulling out of the first fight.

MMA is a pretty small community (as in the people who train/fight) word gets around inside camps and training facilities.
Aldo has a history of pulling out of fights.

He's not talking about just the fight.

He mentioned how Conor seems to know personal info about his opponent's. Their kid's names, their extra-curricular activities and info on their teammates. Would explain how Conor was able to predict Aldo pulling out of the first fight and the Dillashaw/Alpha Male situation.
Well that's also todays game,unlike boxing much more invollved today..and really not hato get any I on anyone through media.

having those kinds of details leads to high quality 'diss rap' type exchanges - its great to have - donald trump uses a similar strategy - gettng personal w a true edge, regardless of how dickish it is, resonates really well with the masses - so having that kind of ammo is going to help you do well in a public rap battle - great thing for conor is that he doesnt have much dirt on him, hes got some losses but they were so long ago - no one has much to say about him and get anything going in return, until he shows some weakness in some way, then people will pile on him

Mac shows some good instincts and has his mind in the game.
As he has said many times if it is not related to fighting he is not focused on it.
With his training from what I understand he concerns himself more with what he is going to do than what his opponents game is... seems remarkably focused and effective in all he does UFC related.

Conor enjoys reading about his opponents on wikipedia before he knocks them out.

I don't know whether he makes stuff up or what, but fuck that, he's got great lines. Damn, he once said Dustin Poirier was a "hillbilly from the back arse of nowhere" who probably had a "cousin named Cletus". LMFAO.

MMA is a pretty small community (as in the people who train/fight) word gets around inside camps and training facilities.
Aldo has a history of pulling out of fights.
MMA community isn't that small, Conor is training on a different continent.

Back