Does Cody have a Fight IQ problem, or an Emotional problem?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Serious question.
He is so fucking talented, it's ridiculous.
But as we all know very well, once that little something goes off, that switch gets flipped and he goes from head movement and setting things up to bar brawl on a Saturday night.

Some mention, he has low fight IQ, but as we've seen in the Cruz fight (and many other occasions, see first 4 mins of Munoz fighting for a recent example), Cody not only is talented but he UNDERSTANDS how to fight smart. So, technically this CAN'T be an IQ thing, this has to be an emotional trigger, right? I think he gets angry and starts head hunting, but fuck do I know.

Sherscientists, you're the ones with the PhD's, help a brother out... Does Cody Garbrandt have a fight IQ or Emotional problem?

Discuss....

His IQ problem is directly tied to his emotions. He can’t keep them in check and throws his whole game plan out the window.

Some guys can get away with it but he’s far too chinny to be a brawler

His IQ problem is directly tied to his emotions. He can’t keep them in check and throws his whole game plan out the window.

Some guys can get away with it but he’s far too chinny to be a brawler
Thats not telling me much though.

There's a difference between not knowing how to fight smart, and deciding you're not going to fight smart.

giphy.gif

There's a difference between not knowing how to fight smart, and deciding you're not going to fight smart.

When he fought Cruz he looked legendary, in fact Cody against Cruz looked every inch as talented and gifted as prime Anderson.

He has an superb IQ that get's drowned in red mist because he's an emotional dwarf, he may yet overcome it but I doubt it, I think it's hardwired in Cody.

He's his own worst enemy, too thin skinned and fragile to succeed.

I'd say it is emotional, but then again Dillashaw completely destroyed my boy CoGar 2X, I definitely worry about his chin, he may very well never be the same

Bit of both. We're human, so instinct can kick in and it can work out badly when it comes to a fight. If you want to class fighting as a sport you have to think about it from a technique and tactic angle also.

Some people can do this better than others. One guy might have it in his head to tie up or go running when stunned, others might try to throw the exact same right hand 3 times when you got caught twice already...relevant.

I had a point, drinking also

Emotional problems, he has the toolz but lacks the mind...

too emotional. He followed the gameplan to beat Cruz perfectly, but when he gets riled up, he goes ballistic.

He believed his own hype. Talking that tj had a weak chin and this and that, yet he was the one who was knocked out cold by a part time MMA fighter who worked at dairy Queen

He is as emotional as a teen girl.
Maybe its because of his kidney problems but his hormones seems to be the problem

Keeping your emotions under control is apart of fight IQ.

Back