• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Does Christianity really teach that some people will spend eternity in hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I was going to a private christian high school one of my bible teacher talked about how Mormons basically believe that once someone dies that they begin a process working their way to becoming a god. Have you heard anything like that?

Yeah, even the Mormons themselves don't seem to really understand this belief or explain it clearly, but they do have a belief that humans can become a God like Jesus.

In Mormonism, Jesus was once a regular man like us but worked his way up to God status, and was then given his own planet to rule over (earth).

Humans here can do the same, and become like Jesus, and will also be given a dominion over a planet.

At least that's the best I understand it. It's weird shit.

I always thought of this. The Devil is the eternal enemy of God. Why would he even punish people that are sent to him? Why would he do what God wants? If he has to fight God one day, all he would be doing is having fight camp training with all his minions learning Jiu Jitsu training from Hitler. Sounds pretty fun IMO.

Aso the Devil is able to read the bible, he knows he will lose, why would he ever attempt to fight God with his army?

'They die, and they come here – having transgressed against what they believed to be right – and expect us to fulfill their desire for pain and retribution. I don’t make them come here… I need no souls. And how can anyone own a soul? No, they belong to themselves. They just hate to have to face up to it.”

The_Vision_of_Hell%2C_by_Gustave_Dor%C3%A9.jpg

jesus "the first ever magician" christ...only if religion was never created...oh how peaceful the world would be...

only if religion was never created...oh how peaceful the world would be...

The Soviet regime did everything it could to discourage and stamp out religious belief. So I guess you're right, since they were so peaceful.

The Soviet regime did everything it could to discourage and stamp out religious belief. So I guess you're right, since they were so peaceful.
if they truly wanted no men and women to bow down to any god then good for them...unless they wanted their people to obey a new god...propaganda from the u.s. loves people like you

ive witnessed some really disturbing behavior from people debating over religion. its a really disgusting and hypocritical sight...

if they truly wanted no men and women to bow down to any god then good for them...unless they wanted their people to obey a new god...propaganda from the u.s. loves people like you

ive witnessed some really disturbing behavior from people debating over religion. its a really disgusting and hypocritical sight...
"Kill my stomach if I'm hungry! Shut off my want if I'm lonely! Tear off my genitals if I'm aroused!! Excess!!! So much excess!! It's so much superfluous nonsense, and I want nothing to do with it if I can help it!!!"

"There is no choice. You're always a slave to something."

Of course there's been a lot of evil done in the name of religion. I'm not arguing that. But I see no evidence that irreligious/anti-religious societies are somehow inherently more peaceful than religious societies.

Hitler was not a religious man (it's sometimes claimed he was Catholic but he himself said that the Islamic religion would've been better for Germany than Christianity). Mao Zedong was not religious. The Soviet leaders were overtly anti-religious. And so on.

Of course there's been a lot of evil done in the name of religion. I'm not arguing that. But I see no evidence that irreligious/anti-religious societies are somehow inherently more peaceful than religious societies.

Hitler was not a religious man (it's sometimes claimed he was Catholic but he himself said that the Islamic religion would've been better for Germany than Christianity). Mao Zedong was not religious. The Soviet leaders were overtly anti-religious. And so on.
dont care about hitler or any of those others you mentioned...and i really dont care if you're religious or not...

i have no right to tell you on what or who to believe in....but most religious people sure seem to love telling people on what their belief should be in...thats my beef with religion. it makes people corrupted and think their above the ground...human beings need to be grounded if not it causes chaos.

my evidence on why it ruins the mind and heart of people is from what i witnessed growing up and to this day i still see it. once your mind and heart is ruined then your soul is lost.

maybe you'll feel just a bit better if i say IMO the world would be a peaceful place if religion was exterminated.

but dont go around thinking what you are saying are facts.

So your saying its okay for people to be imprisoned or killed simply because they wanted the right to practice their religion.it would be hypocritical for you to condemn the religious for telling people how to live when you want the government to persecute people who exercise their freedoms and choose to follow religion.

I normally try to take the high road and avoid the childish back and forth that regularly takes places on the internet. However you have made claims that are factually wrong . I'm sorry Mr baapt, despite what Richard Dawkins told you it is well established historical fact that the regimes in the soviet union and communist China actively persecuted religious followers.
They felt region was the bane of society and needs to be eliminated in order to establish a "perfect society". Until you acknowledge that atheistic movements have just as much blood on their hands as religious movements , you are not interested in having a honest discussion .

Last edited:
So your saying its okay for people to be imprisoned or killed simply because they wanted the right to practice their religion.it would be hypocritical for you to condemn the religious for telling people how to live when you want the government to persecute people who exercise their freedoms and choose to follow religion.
hey, wasnt there a story about this god killing everyone on the planet because he threw a temper tantrum? a lot of them was religious...some good and some horrible...but all of them religious...but he just didnt give a fuck...so i guess their doing what your god did in the past. i thought man was made in the form of god or some shit like that? goes hand in hand....

i guess you gotta get rid of darkness before light can shine

Last edited:
hey, wasnt there a story about this god killing everyone on the planet because he threw a temper tantrum? a lot of them was religious...some good and some horrible...but all of them religious...but he just didnt give a fuck...so i guess their doing what your god did in the past. i thought man was made in the form of god or some shit like that? goes hand in hand....

i guess you gotta get rid of darkness before light can shine

So that would be a yes .your okay with people being killed and imprisoned for practicing their religion .If you believe world peace will break out once religion is eliminated the your delusional.plenty of wars have been waged and genocides carried out that had nothing to do with religion. People are tribal in nature. Take away religion and they will simply find other reason to kill other people.

Last edited:
If you believe world peace will break out once religion is eliminated the your delusional.

you proved my point...i gave respect by saying i have no right to tell others what they want to believe in but here comes a religious man telling me otherwise and cant show the same respect.

oh and i like how you have no answer to the mention of your god wiping out the human race in the past just because he got his whittle feelings hurt....

Bullshit. You did exactly the opposite . you said your were okay with people being persecuted for their religious beliefs .I'm not religious anymore. I do have a problem with bigotry though , especially anti Christian bigotry that has become so popular lately. Are you okay bro ? You seem angry .cwe should hug it out.

you proved my point...i gave respect by saying i have no right to tell others what they want to believe in but here comes a religious man telling me otherwise and cant show the same respect.

oh and i like how you have no answer to the mention of your god wiping out the human race in the past just because he got his whittle feelings hurt....

ec6d07b441c8ae40bbc8778dda4f13de844dcf95fc85b1ed6eced505a93f8774.jpg

Except not at all. The Nazi movement was overwhelmingly a Christian conservative movement. The Catholic church was supportive because they preferred dictators (Mussolini, Franco and Hitler) to Democratic leaders.

None of the deaths under Mao or Stalin were in the name of Atheism and Christians lead the way with abortions in the US.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/7...s-identify-as-christians-survey-finds-150937/
I normally try to take the high road and avoid the childish back and forth that regularly takes places on the internet. However you have made claims that are factually wrong . I'm sorry Mr baapt, despite what Richard Dawkins told you it is well established historical fact that the regimes in the soviet union and communist China actively persecuted religious followers.
They felt region was the bane of society and needs to be eliminated in order to establish a "perfect society". Until you acknowledge that atheistic movements have just as much blood on their hands as religious movements , you are not interested in having a honest discussion .

If you believe world peace will break out once religion is eliminated the your delusional.
Bullshit. You did exactly the opposite . you said your were okay with people being persecuted for their religious beliefs .I'm not religious anymore. I do have a problem with bigotry though , especially anti Christian bigotry that has become so popular lately. Are you okay bro ? You seem angry .cwe should hug it out.
okay i said it i want everyone to die and die a tormented death. every religious person is a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and a piece of shit... no i am not okay bro because im grrrrrrrrrr over the overpopulation of religious :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s...the only way we can hug it out is if you go to church on sunday and praise the lord...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back