Does anyone see Jacksons MMA seem more like a organization than a "camp"

MMAATHLETE

Fan of MMA before there were fans of MMA
Reaction score
First off would like to say what I like about Jacksons, it takes other good teamates to help take your skills farther and get better.

But on the other hand wouldnt you rather train with people that you thought where there for only you?!

I mean how cool would it be if either team you bet on in some occasions you were going to win?:confused:

How do you guys see it?

First off would like to say what I like about Jacksons, it takes other good teamates to help take your skills farther and get better.

But on the other hand wouldnt you rather train with people that you thought where there for only you?!

I mean how cool would it be if either team you bet on in some occasions you were going to win?:confused:

How do you guys see it?

As a fan of mma, Im not a fan of any of jackson's fighters.

I dont understand what exactly your point is. Aren't both an organization and a camp kinda the same thing as a club or a team, semantically?

Last edited:
JMMAS+9.jpg

I don't quite understand what you are implying in your post honestly. But Greg Jackson has a strong camp, and it seems that the fighters seem to be close in that camp. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

How do you guys see it?

You think other camps don't? 3 top 10 WW trained together at AKA even though they were all competing for contention against GSP. (Kos, Fitch, and Swick). Even now, you have two of the top 5 best HW there now in Cormier and Cain.

As a fan of mma, Im not a fan of any of jackson's fighters.

Sure, isn't that silly? O.k. you don't like GSP, Condit, Arlovski, etc. But you also don't like Dodson, Sir Ohnay, Stann? Well what about Carano? You dislike her, too? :icon_chee

Damn troll suckered me into answering.

So you think every fighter should have their own personal team?

I think your mixing up the terms there. A camp is usually the group of people you train with and get coaching from in preparation to a fight. A team is the group of people that train at the same gym, they may train with each other and they may not.

not only jacksons, but also black house. not all black house fighters train together or even part of the same gym/team

I think your mixing up the terms there. A camp is usually the group of people you train with and get coaching from in preparation to a fight. A team is the group of people that train at the same gym, they may train with each other and they may not.

That is semantics, most of the time your team makes up part of your camp.

It seems like semantics at first, but I think the TS is trying to make this distinction: That Jackson's more of a loose collective of guys who don't really care too much about what other guys in the org. do, that they lack camaraderie, whereas a camp is more like a place where you are deeply invested in your teammates' success.

Not saying I agree/disagree, that's just my reading of what he wrote.

It seems like semantics at first, but I think the TS is trying to make this distinction: That Jackson's more of a loose collective of guys who don't really care too much about what other guys in the org. do, that they lack camaraderie, whereas a camp is more like a place where you are deeply invested in your teammates' success.

Not saying I agree/disagree, that's just my reading of what he wrote.

Considering how many people swear by Jackson as a coach, that seems like a funny thing to say. Nor have I really heard much about the lack of cohesiveness or whatnot outside of Cerrone's recent call-outs against Jones.

Back