Does anyone know what happened with Dmitry Sosnovskiy?

Yrat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He is 11-0 and has a win over Mark Godbeer and Aleksander Emelianenko , did his last fight in UFC 2018

What happened with him?

https://www.fightful.com/mma/report...snovskiy-arrested-abduction-extortion-charges

”The court has selected custody as a measure of restriction for Dmitriy Sosnovskiy, a suspect in the case into abduction of a person committed by a group (Article 126 Part 3),” was stated by a court representative.

While Sosnovskiy’s lawyer does admit that his client is under arrest, court documents have yet to be made public, so the exact details of the case aren’t known at this time.

”I saw video footage of this. It happened in an office. What we can talk about is maximum arbitrariness. The complainant was not prevented from leaving, he left the office by himself and he came to receive his salary the next day,” Rabil Saberov (Sosnovskiy’s lawyer) stated.

He was caught drug trafficking

Did NOT know that!

I just assumed he was a USADA dodger and was dropping out of too many fights so they released him, like that guy they signed Poberezhets who dropped out of about 4 consecutive debut fights in the space of a year and they dropped him.

Did NOT know that!

I just assumed he was a USADA dodger and was dropping out of too many fights so they released him, like that guy they signed Poberezhets who dropped out of about 4 consecutive debut fights in the space of a year and they dropped him.

It had more to do with his health conditions i believe. He fought twice 2020 though.

He was caught drug trafficking

I don't think he did, when you google his name it comes up Drug Trafficking but that's an article on his old promoter

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/10...mer-promoter-jailed-drug-trafficking-mma-news

Raevsky once promoted an Emelianenko fight over three years ago – a TKO loss to Dmitriy Sosnovskiy – and has been vocal in his support of the controversial figure. Following Emelianenko’s 4-and-a-half-year sentence for sexual assault and kidnapping was announced in 2015, Raevsky referred to it as “political persecution.”

Sosnovskiy is only brought up regarding the article but when you google Sosnovskiy the trafficking charges against Raevsky appear.

I don't think he did, when you google his name it comes up Drug Trafficking but that's an article on his old promoter

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/10...mer-promoter-jailed-drug-trafficking-mma-news

Raevsky once promoted an Emelianenko fight over three years ago – a TKO loss to Dmitriy Sosnovskiy – and has been vocal in his support of the controversial figure. Following Emelianenko’s 4-and-a-half-year sentence for sexual assault and kidnapping was announced in 2015, Raevsky referred to it as “political persecution.”

Sosnovskiy is only brought up regarding the article but when you google Sosnovskiy the trafficking charges against Raevsky appear.
I wasn't aware of that. I read a while ago it was drug trafficking

Back