• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone know the ppv numbers for bt sport last night or when they will be released?

They underestimated how many people also solely had BT Sport simply for UFC and UFC only, they really thought that these people wouldn't cancel because they'd miss their champions league or whatever else but they were completely wrong.

When the guy on the phone called me he was saying about how BT Sport were getting something like 50 subscriptions in a really short period of time constantly from them having UFC on their network the way that they did, soon as they pulled this shit that dropped down to 11 and their targets aren't being hit by a long run, he was really honest which I was surprised with but thought it was great.

It baffles me how someone even thought this would be a good idea. Here you have this TV channel that are winning and getting constant new customers each day at an immense speed due to how they've presented things and not been greedy/tried to pull this shit (until now) and yet someone thinks "I know, lets do this to the UFC fans as well and see what we can get away with", shooting their biggest business support in the back and they really didn't think they would get backlash for it or be wise to it, yet it went the complete opposite for them and they were hit with literally tons of cancellations constantly throughout the period since they announced it.

They obviously thought that because they'd pulled people into contracts too they could also get away with it but even though I know some people who have tried to cancel have been hit with the "You can't, you're in contract" thing they've actually been able to in the end if they've been persistent because BT Sport have gone against what they promised and lead people to believe, plus I think people have done so anyway without caring out of principle so they've obviously shot themselves in the foot here have BT Sport.

As I say earlier, it's baffling and disheartening really because BT Sport HAVE been fantastic with bringing us the UFC footage, they've also been a huge backbone of the sport growing here in the UK and I have nothing but mad respect and appreciation for them for doing this, however the silly little stunt they tried to pull recently has lost a lot of respect for them from fans (most previously loved BT Sport and had mad respect for them yet they've done a complete 360).

I know not everyone watches all the other shows outside of the main events but you'll be surprised how many do and love those shows (me included, I watch pretty much all of it and love it as part of my subscription), it's really making the sport grow as people watch these shows and the live events (which again, was beneficial to BT Sport massively both money wise and respect wise which is very important in business). The Greatest Fights show they compiled is so good and really well put together (specially the Cub Swanson and Doo Ho Choi one), UFC Now is absolutely brilliant and the best show ever how they do that show, Dan Hardy's Inside The Octagon and to a lesser degree Open Mat is also really good, they've now started playing The Ultimate Fighter in depth (I'm not a fan of this as I prefer to see the fighters come in at their best) and also shows like UFC Connected, Main Event, Profiles in Combat, Top 10, Ultimate Knockouts etc... are all really good however they have to have the live events as normal supporting this otherwise they mean nothing and put people off the product.

BT Sport baffled me big time with this stupid decision however the PPV model in general needs to be scrapped, from day one it's been a whole idea to rinse fans and take advantage of their passion and desperation at times (expecting fans to cave, which many do) but the truth is, it's wrong and has been since day one though hopefully slowly but surely this will change (it has to) and I hope that the US and other countries who also have been stung by this can take a stand too as it's unfair on them also to be having to do this all this time, it's gone on way too long now and needs to stop.

I think we do really need to stick together on this instead of being back and forth all the time arguing between us over who pays the most as that's exactly what they want and is why this continues, our energy has been in the wrong place when it should be together against this, they're laughing right now.

Why do you keep repeating the same thing over and over? You're attaching your own quote, then making the same argument in the same post, then saying the exact same thing over the next few posts. We know this, you've told us.

In respect to bt sport personally I think they're useless. I can't wake up on a morning and watch the previous day's events, I have to wait until stupid o'clock, by then I already know the results.

I bought it and watched it on the 2pm re-run on Sunday as the 11am re-run was down.

Don't get me wrong I would prefer not to pay and hope they don't continue with the PPV format. But I was looking forward to this card and wasn't disappointed. I wasn't going to cut off my nose to spite my face.
£20 for 3 hours of quality entertainment was worth it.

Let's be honest 95% of people who subscribe to BT sport do so for the Football alone. Having UFC on there is just a nice bonus to some people.

BT sport do show quality Content of the UFC and if they have 3 PPVs per year it's not the end of the world. I'd prefer they were free. But I would rather pay £20 every couple of months for a PPV than lose the Content BT sport Show of UFC.

Sorry, you woke up and paid twenty quid for a replay rather than spend a few seconds to find the show online for free?????

Obviously the Internet used to be the only way for mma fans to watch content and I was surprised with all the talk from Dana about how they're cracking down on piracy just how easy it still was to find.

I bought it and watched it on the 2pm re-run on Sunday as the 11am re-run was down.

Don't get me wrong I would prefer not to pay and hope they don't continue with the PPV format. But I was looking forward to this card and wasn't disappointed. I wasn't going to cut off my nose to spite my face.
£20 for 3 hours of quality entertainment was worth it.

Let's be honest 95% of people who subscribe to BT sport do so for the Football alone. Having UFC on there is just a nice bonus to some people.

BT sport do show quality Content of the UFC and if they have 3 PPVs per year it's not the end of the world. I'd prefer they were free. But I would rather pay £20 every couple of months for a PPV than lose the Content BT sport Show of UFC.

This is the thing, there is no way I would knock someone for buying it, if they wanted to buy it they are entitled to and it's fair enough but it's the long term damage it's causing and how it affects the MMA community in general (not just the MMA but any sports really), it's part of the problem as this is the exact thing they are targeting (fans who will cave and give in to them).

It really is a principle thing and sticking together which the majority have done on this and it's worked and made a difference, it's a pain at the time but worth it in the bigger picture and the fact the UK have stuck by it more so has proven this because they have had to make changes due to this (otherwise we're going to continuously get stung and this is going to go on forever, it needs to stop!)

Kindly have a read of this here as it's been explained really well in the description here: https://www.change.org/p/bt-sport-the-ppv-model-needs-so-stop-taking-advantage-of-fans

Also, see my post here after the phone call I had from BT, if you want to continue to support this then fine (you're completely entitled to) but honestly, the less you do the less it will happen. I promise you this will (and is) going to change but it won't if people keep giving in to them and buying into their product and it stings us all.

We need to understand that even from day one the PPV model was a whole idea to rinse fans and take advantage of their passion and desperation to see the events, yet this is where we have to stand up to it.

People have had it so long they think it's the norm but it's really not, they were perfectly fine before they came up with this idea and it really is just a way to take advantage of us all and it's about time it stopped.

I'm sure you get what I mean but people just need to understand this really and then I promise you, things will change (they are already from the 50 minute phone call I got from BT Sport).

------------

Here's the post after my call:

Wow, I've just had a guy from BT call me on the phone for about 50 mins asking for my feedback in regards to all this and there's been so much he mentioned to me.

Obviously, as he said to me on the phone there's a lot he can't discuss in regards to their plans and things but they have been stung by this backlash a lot (he mentioned something about how they were getting 50 plus subscribers within a certain time frame and this has dropped to 11). He also mentioned how they've lost so many subscribers which BT are trying to pull back but the best thing was he said that there's something in August that's "apparently" going to make every one happy in regards to this UFC and BT thing (in other words they've got some changes they've had to make).

I said to him also how I hope that they do because BT have been fantastic in regards to the UFC and it's growth in the UK and they've just spoiled themselves and it's just disappointing more than anything, BT were so good and they've just gone and done the opposite in regards to what they were doing before which he also mentioned how they were getting a lot of subscribers (as mentioned above) due to how the UFC was on there and it's gone the opposite way for them (probably why they're making these calls to certain customers who have reached out to them). Of course there may be people who still buy this event on the night but from the sounds of it, they've really been stung and taken a big hit from this going by the phone call I've just had (they rang me too!).

So let's see, it really is one of those I'll believe it when I see it kinda thing but he did sound very adamant about it and although he can't disclose exactly what it is, he said it's going to make UFC fans very happy.

I just thought I'd update you guys but it goes to show, take a stand up to things as a whole and these companies will change and this really is something ALL countries should do.

I have no idea what this is as I'm just going by the phone call I've just had for the past 50 mins but lets just see what happens in August as he did call me to get my feedback and he said it's going to be very pleasing for the UFC fans which I guess remains to be seen (I guess they're doing the rounds at the moment calling a few people they've seen and had feedback from).

Just thought I'd let you guys know but let's see.

PS For the record, I do feel BT Sport are absolutely fantastic and have done an amazing job with the UFC up until now. It's just a shame they've let themselves down with this and I do hope they can rectify this as I do feel the fans will forgive them, but it all depends on what they do after this so let's see.

Why do you keep repeating the same thing over and over? You're attaching your own quote, then making the same argument in the same post, then saying the exact same thing over the next few posts. We know this, you've told us.

In respect to bt sport personally I think they're useless. I can't wake up on a morning and watch the previous day's events, I have to wait until stupid o'clock, by then I already know the results.

Because it's relevant and not everyone has read it and because I want to.

In regards to the BT Sport thing, have you not got a box to record with when they're on normally? I know what you mean about the results thing too, it's so hard to not see spoilers, even if you go on Youtube they'll be there, everywhere haha.

I tend to record them on my box through my BT Sport subscription normally, completely stay off my phone and watch the event and then I'll go on my phone, it's hard to not see spoilers I know haha

By the way, how long do they usually take to update the replays on the app? I don't use it much but I know they put them on there pretty quickly too?

Yea but in America the people such as yourself are used to getting fucked every day

In Europe the consumers have been getting fucked less and less, so when someone pulls up behind them with a boner, you’re gonna hear some complaints

In America, you're called a communist if you don't cheer for workers and consumers to get fucked.

They had to try, hopefully it bombed

They had to try, hopefully it bombed

I'm not sure where you are but hopefully the same thing happens for you guys too, you shouldn't be having to deal with this for so long to be honest, it's completely taking advantage of fans and their love for what they support.

Fans pay for tickets, events, merchandise, TV subscriptions, fight pass, the list is endless and it's enough.

These TV companies were doing perfectly fine before someone came up with the "I know lets make this PPV idea and charge the fans premium rates to watch them and make more money" as that's what it is when push comes to shove but because it's been around so long people think it's the norm when really it's not, it's a model to rinse the fans from day one to add to the thousands they've already got. The PPV model should be reserved for bars and public places, not people at home and regular families etc...

They also make a ton of money from sponsorship's and advertisers too, which is limited on the PPV model as they're less of them and also because it's a lesser audience by default, they pay less to advertise any products on their as their reach isn't as high (another part of the revenue they have to make up in the PPV price by the fans).

Vince McMahon nailed it with his WWE Network, he knew that would piss off the PPV model and it did, however he did that for the fans of his product and to be honest, I admire him for that.

Sorry, you woke up and paid twenty quid for a replay rather than spend a few seconds to find the show online for free?????

Obviously the Internet used to be the only way for mma fans to watch content and I was surprised with all the talk from Dana about how they're cracking down on piracy just how easy it still was to find.

Yeah I paid £20 for it, it was more convenient for me to pay the money than find a stream.

I ordered breakfast me and the Mrs lay in bed and chilled and watched the fighting.

Well worth the £20 to be honest.

This is the thing, there is no way I would knock someone for buying it, if they wanted to buy it they are entitled to and it's fair enough but it's the long term damage it's causing and how it affects the MMA community in general (not just the MMA but any sports really), it's part of the problem as this is the exact thing they are targeting (fans who will cave and give in to them).

It really is a principle thing and sticking together which the majority have done on this and it's worked and made a difference, it's a pain at the time but worth it in the bigger picture and the fact the UK have stuck by it more so has proven this because they have had to make changes due to this (otherwise we're going to continuously get stung and this is going to go on forever, it needs to stop!)

Kindly have a read of this here as it's been explained really well in the description here: https://www.change.org/p/bt-sport-the-ppv-model-needs-so-stop-taking-advantage-of-fans

Also, see my post here after the phone call I had from BT, if you want to continue to support this then fine (you're completely entitled to) but honestly, the less you do the less it will happen. I promise you this will (and is) going to change but it won't if people keep giving in to them and buying into their product and it stings us all.

We need to understand that even from day one the PPV model was a whole idea to rinse fans and take advantage of their passion and desperation to see the events, yet this is where we have to stand up to it.

People have had it so long they think it's the norm but it's really not, they were perfectly fine before they came up with this idea and it really is just a way to take advantage of us all and it's about time it stopped.

I'm sure you get what I mean but people just need to understand this really and then I promise you, things will change (they are already from the 50 minute phone call I got from BT Sport).

------------

Here's the post after my call:

I Wouldn't have Wasted 50 minutes on a call to BT. In that 50 minutes I could of earned £100 and paid for the PPV's for the next year.

I don't mind paying to be entertained, if I hadn't of paid that £20 I would have been out doing something during that 3 hours spending 5 times as much.

Business's have to make a profit, I don't mind, if I am happy with there service. I feel as though we have been lucky to get the UFC PPV's free for so long when our American brothers have had to pay $65 or whatever.

I am all for standing by principles but I'm not gonna make myself suffer needlessly just for the principle. Its £20 and I think BT sports coverage of UFC is pretty good.

I would have BT sport with or without UFC as I like watching football too.

The UFC being free on subscription to BT sport is a good bonus. But if it moved to another subscription Channel(which could happen if BT sport don't think it is viable to make money on) I would subscribe to that too.

I Wouldn't have Wasted 50 minutes on a call to BT. In that 50 minutes I could of earned £100 and paid for the PPV's for the next year.

I don't mind paying to be entertained, if I hadn't of paid that £20 I would have been out doing something during that 3 hours spending 5 times as much.

Business's have to make a profit, I don't mind, if I am happy with there service. I feel as though we have been lucky to get the UFC PPV's free for so long when our American brothers have had to pay $65 or whatever.

I am all for standing by principles but I'm not gonna make myself suffer needlessly just for the principle. Its £20 and I think BT sports coverage of UFC is pretty good.

I would have BT sport with or without UFC as I like watching football too.

The UFC being free on subscription to BT sport is a good bonus. But if it moved to another subscription Channel(which could happen if BT sport don't think it is viable to make money on) I would subscribe to that too.

It's wrong, again, this is the only reason why they're doing this and it's affecting a lot of fans, it's not just about the money for fans (although for some obviously it is) but like them doing this takes it away completely for some subscribers (some platforms don't even have the access to the channel) but even those with the money refuse to pay it because it's blatantly ripping off other fans and people buying into it and defending it is the problem.

Luckily the majority in the UK don't and they stand by it but it's these kinda things they target. Businesses are already making a profit, have you seen how much the head of BT is earning, they are NOT short of money (complete opposite) and this model is made to rip off and rinse fans and the only reason they are doing it is because we allow it.

There's a difference between supporting your products you love and being taken for a mug which is what they are doing with this PPV model. The US have had it WAY too long and now they're trying to pull the same shit in the UK, only difference is, we won't bend over and take it and that's the thing.

The chief exec of BT made £30 million after Worldpay was acquired and earns a basic salary of £1.1 million. He's then entitled to an annual bonus of as much as 240 per cent of his salary, long term share awards worth four times his base pay and a pension top up of £165,000, this was BEFORE the Box Office thing kicked in (December they first started charging) they are NOT short of money.

The whole idea for this Box Office thing was to simply push their luck and see how much they can rinse the fans and that's really what it is, they've seen it work in the US and now they're trying to pull the same shit here, only the majority of us won't allow it, not just for ourselves but also for the rest of the fans too, it's principle and it's also caring about the community and fans on a whole as opposed to ourselves.

I also was going to buy the PPV initially but then I thought no, because this really is just them taking the piss and if I buy into it I'm encouraging that, not just for myself but to others also.

Of course, anyone who wants to buy it is fair enough, that's completely their choice and I won't knock them for it, they're entitled to but for me it just feels selfish to do so, specially when there's other ways to watch it just as good and you can always catch up, it's a one off and it's one of those things that in the bigger picture benefits us all (which we'll all use also).

You're exactly the people they target and why it continues (I guess this is the vibe most people in the US give) but thankfully in the UK, we haven't and because of this BT are having to make changes.

A PPV model can only work if we buy into it, it's a scam, has been from day one and it's something they've rinsed fans with for WAY too long now.

I really hope the US fans also get this sorted for them too because if anything, they've been putting up with it WAY too long (longer than us as we haven't even allowed it to start) and the US fans support the product a LOT and deserve a break (and respect for the support they've given these TV companies).

By the way they called me, I was happy to spend 50 minutes on the phone as they wanted the feedback from me and really listened to me, I mentioned everything about this and they were even recording the call too to bring up, they came to me and I'm glad they did cause they're now having to make some changes and rightfully so!

I didn't just do it for me, I did it for everyone who feel strongly about this and hopefully other demographics can follow suit too and also slowly (but surely) make the change they deserve.

Last edited:
Daylight robbery, no option to record and watch in the morning 20 notes to stay up all night ? For that card? Fair enough if Connor was on the card maybe? Still wouldn't have been paying myself.
You can record it. I did.

Reports are "less than 10,000". Which is good news but still a number to make some money. They were never planning on doing UFC 240 on PPV anyway, the next one they were planning is the Dubai card, so will be interesting to see if they back down or not.

Reports are "less than 10,000". Which is good news but still a number to make some money. They were never planning on doing UFC 240 on PPV anyway, the next one they were planning is the Dubai card, so will be interesting to see if they back down or not.

Sorry to bring this to attention again, But where did this 10k Number come from? I have been trying to find out what numbers BT Sport did, but i can't find anything.

Sorry to bring this to attention again, But where did this 10k Number come from? I have been trying to find out what numbers BT Sport did, but i can't find anything.

It broke on twitter, but I don't have a hard source for it.

Its extra money in their pocket, so they probably would have been happy with 10k paying.

They may get more as this PPV on saturday is on at a decent time for the UK.

Its extra money in their pocket, so they probably would have been happy with 10k paying.

They may get more as this PPV on saturday is on at a decent time for the UK.

They weren't, honestly I've had a lot of contact with them over this since they announced the Box Office channel in August last year (I wanted to know back then if they would make it available on my platform but they didn't).

I had a call when they were losing loads (and I mean loads) from the Jones/Santos fight for around 50 mins they wanted me to give them feedback about it and were pretty much begging me not to leave, they told me about their targets missed after it all and how much they were smashing it previously with a complete 360 to them losing loads, the drop and difference were huge and those advisers were all given the job of trying to pull all their customers back, regardless of what the numbers were (which were never released) they lost long term and it hurt them.

Then I just had another a week or so ago and the guy again was telling me about the figures (I forgot what he said exactly but it was pretty much saying they were still struggling and losing from the first PPV and it was adding more to it since the Khabib/Poirier announcement), they are already expecting and receiving cancellations and backlash and the only reason they are trying it again is because they think they can push it because it's on at an early time but again they're receiving backlash and losing so much, people aren't just saying they're cancelling, they actually are some getting out of contracts and some waiting until it's up hence why they're still getting cancellations from the first one.

The cheeky thing is as this Khabib and Poirier event is September, they have also requested that all their other outlets who offer the BT Sport platform DOUBLE those customers subscription costs from September to make up for the money they already know they're going to lose over this event and help pay for those losses there, they're using those customers to pay for their loss and don't even offer the Box Office channel to those people on those platforms (in other words taking away the event completely and giving them a 100% price hike to pay for their losses but they're getting cancellations and upset there now).

They're ridiculous but I can guarantee they're losing a lot and it's hurting them loads, I've had more than the two conversations above however those are the most significant one's where they spent time with me and although these PPV's might give them a quick pay on the night (I expect Khabib and Poirier might do slightly better due to the time) but long term it's hurting them because they can't pull those customers back, those customers are refusing because they're so angry with them and the fact they're trying it again has just angered them more not only due to the PPV idea being a rip since day one, they only brought this in in December and they were doing perfectly fine money wise before hand, in fact they were smashing it but greed took over and it's stung them more than they expected as they thought we'd all give in to it but we didn't and they've been stung by this to the point where they're begging customers for feedback, it's crazy.

The whole PPV thing can't continue here, they can try it as much as they like but it's just not going to work long term and every time they do it they get a backlash and a ton of loss to their business so where as it might give them a quick pay day at the time, long term the damage affects them and it's not beneficial considering those customers will not come back which they finding difficult to do (even when they offer them deals).

Back