Does anyone in MMA talk more nonsense than Phil Davis?

Kelman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obviously Tito, but Davis is definitely the worst I can think of in the UFC.

- He's going to crumble Jon Jones like a sugar-cookie... then gets turned bitchlike and horribly owned by Rumble, barely winning one second of the entire fight

- He's the greatest grappler in the lightheavyweight division... despite getting absolutely dominated by Rashad Evans, taken down and controlled repeatedly, being manhandled and beaten up on the floor

- He's scared Lyoto Machida down to 185... despite Machida very clearly beating him in their fight, and being someone who has always been extremely small for a lightheavyweight, and his friend Anderson Silva finally losing the middleweight belt one month before Machida vs Davis

I think Davis can be funny and interesting in interviews, he has a good sense of humour and is clearly a good fighter, but he does seem to come out with some really idiotic statements. Maybe this is intentional though, a way for a pretty boring fighter to gain some press attention?

Conor talking nonsense 24hrs a day and you have to ask that question. :rolleyes:

- He's scared Lyoto Machida down to 185... despite Machida very clearly beating him in their fight

It's pretty reasonable that he "scared" Machida down.

Machida was supposed to win that fight in dominating ways, yet lost - and it DID kinda "scare" Machida down.

It's pretty reasonable that he "scared" Machida down.

Machida was supposed to win that fight in dominating ways, yet lost - and it DID kinda "scare" Machida down.

It kind of did only in that it definitely didn't.

Im a big phil davis fan......and no. chael beats him by a mile

His trash talk is bad because it doesn't hype his fights. He talks the wrong nonsense.

I saw that "Scared Machida down to 185 lbs." thread. He never said that. Karyn did.

The quote was inaccurate so TS was false. He didn't say that. Just watch the whole video.

It was taken completely out of context and misquoted.

He's not the goat of nonsense too many other delusional fighters to list

Dana White & Conor McGregor have the #1 #2 spots sewn up.

He's bad but he isn't the worst by far.

Guys like Conor, Sonnen, etc are different. They're hyping themselves up and trying to promote themselves.

On the other hand, Phil Davis just talks plain nonsense and makes himself look like a fool

Machida beat Davis everywhere but on the judges' scorecards.

I think Davis sees what gets people high profile fights so he's working it like Conor, Chael, etc. Smart move, IMO. Even if he can't back it up, he gets paid (see: Chael).

Back