Does Anyone Honestly See Prime GSP Cleaning Out The Modern WW Division?

bogeyj

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
because I don't

do%20titles%20or%20meta%20descriptions%20matter.jpg

I think Prime GSP loses to a few guys in today's WW

Past prime GSP would probably dominate the current WW crop. How many of the current guys could finish Bisping?

Besides Usman, Shavkat and Khamzat, I think he beats everyone fairly soundly. Colby? Lol Chiesa? Lol Brady? Lol Edwards? Lol Luque? Lol Magny? Lol Belal? Lol.

WW has been in a decline when it comes to skill and depth in recent years, don't get it twisted. Colby is solid but he'd have been just another top 10 type guy in GSPs era where there were actual champion caliber fighters and talented wrestlers rather than LWs to bully. Burns to me would also be just another top 10 guy, nothing special. Oh I forgot Jorge Masvidal LOLOLOLOL, dude was catching Ls at LW in Bellator he's 0.500 fighter with a big mouth.

Do I think GSP in his prime beats Khamzat or Shavkat, it's too soon to say but these guys can really grapple, they're dangerous strikers and they are really fucking big and have power....oh and they can wrestle. Usman vs GSP? I think it's compelling, Im inclined to think GSP edges a decision by being quicker, having a better jab and forcing Usman to be the one to act first, but they're super evenly matched.

He would still have a very good chance of being the champ but Usman, Khamzat, Colby, Burns, Rakhmonov etc could all give him problems and potentially beat him on the right night.

I think he would absolutely steamroll the entire division with the exception of Kamaru who he would simply evade and jab fuck for five rounds while easily avoiding takedowns

I think GSP would win a dominant decision against all the people Usman has beaten. Colby would be tough but he's too sloppy standing.

World class wrestling, the best TD defense in MMA, strong kicks and a great jab. Let's not forget that GSP was the most well rounded fighter in MMA and:

Submitted prime Matt Hughes and KOed him with a head kicks
Dominated one of the most decorated wrestlers in MMA, Koshchek
Beat prime, juiced, Muia Thai monster, Alves
Dominated prime Condit
Dominated prime Fitch who beat (Hendo, Maia, Woodley, Lawler, Daley)
Walked through prime Nate Diaz
Submitted Bisping the 185# champ

He defended his title 9 times. I think Prime GSP matches up pretty good with most of todays welterweights, to think otherwise is naïve.

I honestly think prime Fitch would be Welterweight champion today.

I think GSP would win a dominant decision against all the people Usman has beaten. Colby would be tough but he's too sloppy standing.
Agreed. It would be a similar outcome to the GSP Trigg fight,

I honestly think prime Fitch would be Welterweight champion today.
Agreed, the Fitch that lost to GSP today would beat Usman by lay-n-pray. I do not think Usman could keep him far enough away, so Fitch would eventually secure a takedown. And Fitch stays active just enough it would be hard to justify a standup. Usman would have to land the shot he hit Masvidal with to take him out (Like what Hendricks did to Fitch).

I could see Khamzat or Usman being a better version of Hendricks and getting the nod against GSP in a decision. I think he would have his way with everyone else at WW.

Back