Does Anyone Else Think Ryan Coutures Striking Style Doesnt Compliment His Wrestling

The Art Of War

White Belt
Reaction score
Ryan's striking style is very kick heavy, and it doesnt mix well with his wrestling cause kicking is good for keeping distance but if your trying get into shooting range coming in with punches will cover more distance most guys who impose a wrestling game set it up with punches.

You have guys like jones who are good kickers and wrestlers but he more kickboxes with you and takes you down if he has too and he is so tall for his division its easier for him to get away with it .

If ryan wants to be successful i think he needs to add alot more boxing to his striking style its a shame the kj fight was the first time watching him i was expecting that randy couture style dirty boxing the kid is still tough though took some good shots from kj who is underrated and hits hard.

if only he knew someone and/or had the resources to get an expert opinion on matters such as these....

....wait a tic...

I don't think he has much of a wrestling background? i could be wrong tho.

I don't know why everyone thinks he's some elite wrestling-based fighter.

He's way more catch-wrestling/bjj orientated; it's not like he's some stellar NCAA takedown artist.

I remember the first time I saw Ryan fight and He pulled off a Triangle Choke and I immediately thought, "No way is that Randy's son" haha

He doesn't trust his punches to get the job done.

if only he knew someone and/or had the resources to get an expert opinion on matters such as these....

....wait a tic...

Lol the same way im sure rampage has expert opinions given to him on using just his very one dimensional punching style and nothing else, or bj's resources that probably tell him to work a lot more on his cardio.

He's gonna need to put on his big boy pants and leave daddy's camp.

He's way more catch-wrestling/bjj orientated; it's not like he's some stellar NCAA takedown artist.

Yeah i just assumed cause he was randy's son he would have really good wrestling .If anderson silva had a son im sure we would all assume his son would have some crazy striking if you get what i mean.

He's gonna need to put on his big boy pants and leave daddy's camp.

Xtreme Couture? Where there are some of the best coaches and fighters in the world?
That multi-million dollar gym? Have you ever been there?

I cant believe the guy who cries and bitches nonstop every time someone makes a blase statement about Rampage would make such an asinine comment

Yeah i just assumed cause he was randy's son he would have really good wrestling .If anderson silva had a son im sure we would all assume his son would have some crazy striking if you get what i mean.

It's decent, but he's not some offensive wreslting dynamo.

He's very good off of his back, or in scrambles, but takedowns aren't' really his forte.

I thought he fought a very smart fight against Noons. Trying to only outbox KJ would have been suicide imo.

He's a good grappler, I wish more grapplers would throw kicks.

Well I'm pretty sure you know why, just like I do.
But yeah, pretty much this, Ryan is more of a submission grappler, not a takedown machine who is always looking fr top control.

his kicks were impressing me against noons....he should work on his striking more...mix it up a bit

never gonna fill his daddy's shoes...got beat by noons & gonna get his butt handed to him hard in the UFC...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back