Does anyone else feel like Gustafsson will shock the world on Saturday?

REEMwillbeCHAMP

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Gustafsson is a pretty heavy underdog (who isn't when fighting Jones) but I feel like no one actually thinks Gustafsson will beat Jones. When this was first announced, I thought a lot more people would be behind Gus to win. I feel like Gustafsson could shock the world on Saturday with a possible submission or (VERY unlikely) KO/TKO. It seems like most people think Gustafsson isn't a legitimate threat and that Jones will win handily...why? Is it because Gus is coming off a long layoff + non dominant decision win over Shogun? Did Jones decimation of Sonnen make everyone think he won't be beaten for a long time? We're now 3 days away and honestly I thought Gus would be WAY more hyped than he is now.

Jon Jones betting odds since being champion:
UFC 135: Jones [-515] Rampage [+400]
UFC 140: Jones [-520] Machida [+400]
UFC 145: Jones [-510] Evans [+420]
UFC 152: Jones [-875] Belfort [+615]
UFC 159: Jones [-1000] Sonnen [+675]

And betting odds for 165:
Jones [-700] Gustafsson [+500]

They gave Rampage, Machida, and Evans a better chance to beat Jones. Interesting...I don't see how Rampage would have a better chance than Gus :eek:

Why will Jones get another dominant win? How will Gustafsson potentially shock the world? What do you guys think :wink:

mcbfwjH.png

no not really. I really dont think Jones is going to have that much trouble with him. Jones will finish him within 3 rounds.

Yes to be honest Jones is more unproven than people realize

I think Gustafsson can match him

I think Jon Jones will submit him.

Nope. It would not be that shocking to me. I live in the real world.

They are 2 pro fighters. Its a fight. Anything can happen

Yes I do, Jones is already looking past the fight without realising it. Gustafsson will knock him down and Jones panic.

wouldn't shock me if gustaffson wins

I don't think he will be able to hang with Jones, so yeah, if he did win, I'd be fairly shocked.

Yes. I don't get how Gustafsson is that big of underdog. More so than Rampage?! C'mon!

I think its gonna be interesting and Jones might get hurt or find himself in one or two tricky situations, but I still see Jones winning in the end.

All of Scandinavia will call on the Gods of War to protect Gustafsson and guide him to victory. He can not fail, Jones phony christian God cant help him against Oden, Thor and Tyr.

[YT]_QtvIonRjog[/YT]

Viking
Alexander_Gustafsson1.jpg

Gus probably won't win but he'll do better than everyone thinks. People underestimate Gus cause he's a soft spoken blonde European, but he'll shock the world. WAR GUS!

I think it's more Wineland's night to shine. No one is talking about him.

Not saying he'll definitely win, but I think he has a good shot.

By being one of Jones' easiest opponents? I hope not but I see it.

If it stays in the stand up I could see Gus pulling out the W but I feel Bones will try to take him down from the get go and will probably get the take doww when ever he wants.

Back