Does anybody take anything McGregor says seriously anymore?

You almost had to take the trash talk serious before because he backed it up.

Now I cringe every time he or his coach open their mouth.

Anyone feel the same?
He was gracious enough to thank Dana for putting him back on the 200 card, and his bout at that event was very clean and technical.
His word is pyrite.

who took him serious? He just an excellent entertainer.

Honestly don't know what he's going to do if he loses two in a row.. I like the guy, he's cool to fans, but his stock is going to plummet if he loses to Nate and Aldo.

There's always acting, which I'd like to see him get into. He has too much natural charisma to only be a cage fighter. All in all, great guy, I listen to whatever he says. He knows what he's doing.

The problem is not Conor this time. It's the rematch itself that is the problem. I mean, what can he say really?

I'd be one surprised motherfucker if this fight sells more than the first.

Anyone feel the same?
I've cringed since I first heard him open his mouth. Watching him get annihilated by "Notorious" Nate was further proof that God exists.

I never took it seriously, but most people are sheep, and sheep are very easy to persuade.

Good on him, he made a whole lot of money off those idiots.... that said I enjoyed watching him gasp for his breath tapping to save his life while his legions of fluffers worldwide felt the butthurt of a thousand dildos all at the same time.

He's selling the fight you fools.

Anyone feel the same?

Yes.

Until the Diaz fight, all we heard from McGoat and Zuffa and the MMA media was how McGoat had a different kind of mentality, an unshakeable belief, a granite chin, an incredible fighting spirit, an iron will, the soul of a warrior, the heart of a champion, a psychological edge, a Zen Master of the dark arts of the mental game...

...Then he got hit by one clean Diaz punch and folded like a deckchair.

#bs

Why would you ever take fight hype seriously?

That's like taking WWE seriously. It's just entertainment, it's not real.

There are of course exceptions, see Jones/Cormier.

Did anyone aside from Aldo, Poirier and Mendes ever take his talk seriously?

TS "Before he lost I liked him".

Another Conor thread.

I thought the same thing watching Conan, as Conor pointed out Nate black t. You have to think, as fans of MMA, the fact that Nate is just focused on the fight appeals. Whereas Conor appeals to a lifestyle and industry to all the flashy, Hollywood heads.

The reality with Conor though is he is who wanted this fight. He is who wanted to face the demon and take the challenge. So either way, he is coming to bring the fight. Dillon Dannis, as much boxing as he is prepping and how they have changed the camp. You have to realize the only thing that overcomes a loss, is redemption.

Ronda ran from it, Conor faced it. Aldo still has to face it.

Its a great story, and Conor will bring it. But full camp Nate who has better timed strikes against a slower paced first round Conor could have the same outcome.

I never did. I don't take anything said during trash talk seriously. Apart from when Chael said the Nogueiras fed carrots to a bus. That sounds true

GOAT trash talking quote lol

Back