Does ACA have the 2nd best HW division in the world?

Hellowhosthat

Chief Shara Bullet fanboy
@plutonium
Reaction score
So since everyone started leaving to try and get into the UFC, failing to get into the UFC and then going back while they'd signed more guys to replace them, I noticed the division is rather stacked now, you've got...

Mukhamed Vakhaev
Alikhan Vakhaev
Tony Johnson
Evgeny Goncharov
Salimgery Rasulov
Daniel Omielanczuk
Ruslan Magomedov
Dmitriy Pobrezhets
Michal Martinek
Raphael Pessoa
Francimar Barroso
Daniel James

That's strong as fuck imo.

Their champ got finished by Minakov and lost to Kongo as well. It's a respectable division but lacks elite fighters

He's only champ because the other champs left to try and get into the UFC. Goncharov beat him before.

My problem with questions like this is that the terms are never defined. I don't mean that at you specifically TS but just like the whole 205 UFC/Bellator conversation what makes one division better then another is pretty subjective.

That being said I think it's a question worth asking and given more defined terms to. Of the names you listed there are a few killers there. The Vakhaevs, Rasulov, Goncharov and of course the champ who has been underrated for a while now, Tony Hulk Johnson. After that though? Meh. Magomedov hasn't looked great in ACA and the other 4 are pretty ho-hum. Maybe a bit better but not completely dissimilar to the other heavyweight divisions after the top guys. If you matched the first 5 I mentioned (IMO the top 5 but YMMV) up against the 5 best in Bellator or PFL do I think they could win 3? I think they could, but I think I'd favor both Bellator and PFL's teams. Stretch it out to 10 instead of 5? I give ACA the edge to win 6 but it's still a toss up.

So since everyone started leaving to try and get into the UFC, failing to get into the UFC and then going back while they'd signed more guys to replace them, I noticed the division is rather stacked now, you've got...

Mukhamed Vakhaev
Alikhan Vakhaev
Tony Johnson
Evgeny Goncharov
Salimgery Rasulov
Daniel Omielanczuk
Ruslan Magomedov
Dmitriy Pobrezhets
Michal Martinek
Raphael Pessoa
Francimar Barroso
Daniel James

They need to go to Bellator to find out. I've heard that's how it works ;)

My problem with questions like this is that the terms are never defined. I don't mean that at you specifically TS but just like the whole 205 UFC/Bellator conversation what makes one division better then another is pretty subjective.

That being said I think it's a question worth asking and given more defined terms to. Of the names you listed there are a few killers there. The Vakhaevs, Rasulov, Goncharov and of course the champ who has been underrated for a while now, Tony Hulk Johnson. After that though? Meh. Magomedov hasn't looked great in ACA and the other 4 are pretty ho-hum. Maybe a bit better but not completely dissimilar to the other heavyweight divisions after the top guys. If you matched the first 5 I mentioned (IMO the top 5 but YMMV) up against the 5 best in Bellator or PFL do I think they could win 3? I think they could, but I think I'd favor both Bellator and PFL's teams. Stretch it out to 10 instead of 5? I give ACA the edge to win 6 but it's still a toss up.

Minakov is head and shoulders above anyone in either org tbh, but he never fights so it's hard to use him (although he is doing his occasional fight this week).

I think Moldavsky Vs either Vakhaev would be highly interesting.

They need to go to Bellator to find out. I've heard that's how it works ;)
I've been pretty disappointed in ACA champs coming to Bellator

Yagshimuradov ACA LHW champ is 0-2 in Bellator
Magomedov ACA BW champ lost to the first elite guy he fought in Bellator

I really hope Berkhamov will reach the top.

Yeah Yagshimuradov is just too small to compete with the best in Bellator. Berkhamov looked good on Saturday, I'm curious to see how he does going forward.

I think most of us overrate Russian MMA a little bit. I'll be the first to admit I favored Yags over Albrektsson and Corey, and thought Magomedov was going to just take the title. Reality has been quiet different but that is not to say those arent elite fighters. Yan, Magomedsharipov, Askarov, Tumenov, Tokov, etc have been pretty successful. Its just hard to replicate that success in bigger organizations with deeper talent pools and more varied styles.

Mukhamed Vakhaev
Alikhan Vakhaev
Tony Johnson
Evgeny Goncharov
Salimgery Rasulov
Daniel Omielanczuk
Ruslan Magomedov
Dmitriy Pobrezhets
Michal Martinek
Raphael Pessoa
Francimar Barroso
Daniel James

1-5 are pretty strong but talent dwindles afterwards like in most promotions, including the UFC. If you take Ngannu out of the equation, the UFC is still above everyone else just not as clearly. I think most promotions outside the UFC are better judged by their top 5, rather than top 10. And on that note, I would argue PFL has an even stronger top 5 than ACA and Bellator.

Moldavsky/Minakov beat all those guys

I don't think Heavyweight as a division needs a lot of depth, you just need to have 2-3 guys that can beat anyone in the world and a few vets/up and comers and thats enough because they fight like once a year and remain a wanted commodity for a long time

ACA is mostly UFC rejects and regional bullies, they have the depth but not the talent

Yes, ACA has the second largest Heavyweights division, do not know why they do not utilize them well. Why they list the American as their champ, Tony Johnson when they have so many killers there.

Yes, ACA has the second largest Heavyweights division, do not know why they do not utilize them well. Why they list the American as their champ, Tony Johnson when they have so many killers there.
because, uh, he currently holds the belt?
he won the vacant after Vakhaev left and defended it already

Mukhamed Vakhaev
Alikhan Vakhaev
Tony Johnson
Evgeny Goncharov
Salimgery Rasulov
Daniel Omielanczuk
Ruslan Magomedov
Dmitriy Pobrezhets
Michal Martinek
Raphael Pessoa
Francimar Barroso
Daniel James

USADA will make them go lower then that.

Their champ got finished by Minakov and lost to Kongo as well. It's a respectable division but lacks elite fighters
This guy knows what he's talking about :cool:

Tony just murked Vakhaev

Tony just murked Vakhaev
Wonder how many fights Tony has left on his contract. Can't renogiate a new one due to the US sanctions so sadly he might have to leave. Hope he faces off against Alikhan Vakhaev and Evgeny Goncharov

Tony just murked Vakhaev

Tony's looked like a beast lately. Hope he rematches Goncharov to settle that one (even though the last fight was kinda boring).

Minakov and Vakhaev both falling off unfortunately.

Mukhamed Vakhaev
Alikhan Vakhaev
Tony Johnson
Evgeny Goncharov
Salimgery Rasulov
Daniel Omielanczuk
Ruslan Magomedov
Dmitriy Pobrezhets
Michal Martinek
Raphael Pessoa
Francimar Barroso
Daniel James