Does a reach/build difference make a fight more entertaining?

Goat Poster

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks it adds something to the fight? At least while it is on the feet I find it more interesting.

Specially at the lower weight classes where there is less k.o. power I think it makes the fight more compelling. Thoughts?

For me, I dislike it, especially if it is marked

But each to their own I guess

<Fedor23>

Weirdly at heavy or open-weight I don't mind it at all.

i think it makes it less entertaining. the guys with reach are more likely to point fight. if the opponent pushes them you likely have a quick ko like omalley vs aljo

Am I the only one that thinks it adds something to the fight? At least while it is on the feet I find it more interesting.

Specially at the lower weight classes where there is less k.o. power I think it makes the fight more compelling. Thoughts?
This is why Artem is GOAT. In every fight the reach difference is massive, so it's always interesting

DpvRFL9WwAc8yRy.jpg

Depends on the fighters really, but usually you get the short reach guy hitting air all night while the long reach guy snipes with jabs or something to cruise to a decision.

Y’all remember when Jeff monson was training with a broomstick with a boxing glove on it for Tim Sylvias reach?

open weight fights are special. but fighters are so well-rounded these days that its just straight up murder putting people against each other with massive weight differences.

that being sad, that doesn't mean we can't have massive reach and height advtanged fights. DC is the same height and has the same reach as Omalley and we all know what feats that he accomplished.

Back