Doctoring up crappy food.

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What is an example of something you make at home or buy that is really not the best quality food
but you doctor it up to make it better or enjoyable?

Usually I'll just make my own homemade breakfast sandwiches because its not that hard but I also buy these Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwiches for a quick snack or when I dont feel like making a mess and doing dishes.

I stick the english muffin halves in the toaster then I microwave the sausage and egg patty for 45 seconds.
I throw away the frozen cheese that comes with it and add on 2 slices of mild cheddar cheese. Melt it...
Then I lightly butter the toasted enligsh muffins add hot sauce and put it back together.

Bon Appetit

j
GUEST_a8f5a737-db04-4d70-b708-2fdcc60cb9e4

Im sure some people on here have some mean ramen recipes

When short on time/fucks to give..

Go for a veggie frozen pizza, the meat on those fuckers is mostly crap.. use some leftover meat, ham for sandwiches/whatever, oregano, fresh herbs if you've got green fingers and a bit of better cheese..

God willing you'll have something that tastes ok with 2 mins of extra work..

Microwave pizza
Ketchup, white bread, American cheese.

Cheap Ramen. Add pak choi, spring onions, chillis and sliced up leftover chicken or prawns. 5 minutes.

Get one of those tasteless premade chickens and put the meat on a nice homemade salad, usually greek

Nothing really. Not much of a microwave/box food type of guy. Whole foods FTW.

About the only pre-made food we'll ever buy is tomato sauce. A can of that can be used as a base for pasta, lasagna, or pizza sauce.

Food in a box is not good for you. Stay clear of the frozen food section.

Jalapeno slices can make any sub-par food much better.

And learn to make your own BBQ sauce to cover up crummy cuts of meat.

Fuck this thread hits home hard, I just made some doctored up insta noodles..
1 packof ramen unfortunately tomato flavor today just use one seasoning pack and then add some soy sauce, vinegar, and a bunch of chili oil to the broth, slice up some ham and put n egg inside. I used some leftover vegetables from lunch and damn was it edible.

Slow cooker for cheap cuts of meat. Also spice makes everything better

Tuna, throw in a scoop of peanutbutter andd you have a good protein snack

Fuck this thread hits home hard, I just made some doctored up insta noodles..
1 packof ramen unfortunately tomato flavor today just use one seasoning pack and then add some soy sauce, vinegar, and a bunch of chili oil to the broth, slice up some ham and put n egg inside. I used some leftover vegetables from lunch and damn was it edible.

mmmmmm sounds flame brah

Cheap Ramen. Add pak choi, spring onions, chillis and sliced up leftover chicken or prawns. 5 minutes.

I honesly feel like spring onions make all asian type foods taste better

are you asian by chance?

Broil dominoes wings to take them from mush to crispy

I used to take a tortilla & melt some cheese in it and put some hot sauce in with it.

Back