• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think they're keeping a cure for cancer from us?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
I keep seeing people post about how there's too much money to be made from cancer that they are keeping the cure from going public. Do you believe this? There's been so much money and time poured into cancer research already.

And yet here's no promising cures for cancer anywhere in the near future. We've all been affected by it. Everyone has had someone go through cancer.

I think somebody would have to be hopelessly goddamn gone to believe there's a conspiracy to not make a trillion dollars.

And anybody asking this question needs to march right the fuck down to his local community college and enroll in a biology class.

I am not one to hop on the conspiracy bandwagon however I do think there is a cure, as fucked up as that sounds.

big pharma would have to buy every potential discovery out. and they would have to tell shareholders where the money was going and then it would have to not be leaked.

impossible in a capitalist system.

plus that assumes that there would be a reason to hide it, which there likely wouldnt as @Fawlty pointed.

I don't really think there's a cure-all out there that can attack the myriad of cancers. I do however think the trend in research has been towards treatment and attacking symptoms over curing people. In my dark moments I do believe that some diseases were man-made, as a means of continuing growth for pharma.

I think somebody would have to be hopelessly goddamn gone to believe there's a conspiracy to not make a trillion dollars.

And anybody asking this question needs to march right the fuck down to his local community college and enroll in a biology class.
The idea is that long running treatments like chemo are more profitable than a cure would be. But even if that is true, that the economics incentivizes less efficient and longer running treatments over cheap and quick cures, I doubt that there would actually exist a cure in a vault somewhere that's being kept from us. Rather, if that thinking is true then most likely it would mean that R&D money would only be directed towards treatments that are profitable. But IIRC most pharmaceutical R&D money is public so that incentive wouldn't operate as strongly on the government and public universities so I don't even think there is a conspiracy to avoid the cure, much less hide an existing one..

There is no cure for cancer and I'm not retarded, so no.

Cancer, no. The publicity for a big pharma company would be worth them passing it out for free.

It's probably naive to think certain cures/treatments haven't been shelved though for profit.

Had to come up with another reason and thread to post that vid in?

If the powers that be could hide a cure they might try but I don't believe they'd be able to do that at such a large scale across the entire planet. There are huge numbers of cancer researches on every continent...

Cancer is very complicated and it's not as simple as just "finding a cure", you would have to edit people's genetics in some cases

first of all, there is no "cancer."

each type of cancer is different in significant ways from most others. "they" who are working on cancer research, are at risk of getting cancer themselves, as are their loved ones. not likely that many people could keep such a secret, either. and who the F thinks that a cure for cancer wouldnt make F'ing bank for big pharma?

the real conspiracy imo, is why are we so culture obsessed with pills as cures rather than greens and kiwis as preventatives?

If somebody like Steve Jobs couldn't get the "secret" cure for cancer, then nobody can.

They are keeping multiple from us. My old boss that recently passed away was convinced they only cured it enough to go dormant for a little while. Then they could make more money off treating you again. He refused treatment when his came back, attempting the all natural diet and Christianity god will heal me approach. He died on thanksgiving day.

I think the magical wizard is at fault, for cancer.

I keep seeing people post about how there's too much money to be made from cancer that they are keeping the cure from going public. Do you believe this? There's been so much money and time poured into cancer research already.

And yet here's no promising cures for cancer anywhere in the near future. We've all been affected by it. Everyone has had someone go through cancer.

No they aren't keeping a cure from us. Just look at the list of powerful, rich, and famous people that have died from it and ask if these people didn't get the cure then who's it being held for:

Tony Snow, Ted Kennedy, William Rehnquist, David Bowie, Roland Arnel, Jerry Zucker, Steve Jobs.

A cure is close - T-cell therapy looks really promising.

Didn't they just discover that chemotherapy promotes the growth of other cancers in the body?

Anyways, i bet they're working hard on curing as many types of cancer as they can... and their distribution will be subscription-based.

The idea is that long running treatments like chemo are more profitable than a cure would be. But even if that is true, that the economics incentivizes less efficient and longer running treatments over cheap and quick cures, I doubt that there would actually exist a cure in a vault somewhere that's being kept from us. Rather, if that thinking is true then most likely it would mean that R&D money would only be directed towards treatments that are profitable. But IIRC most pharmaceutical R&D money is public so that incentive wouldn't operate as strongly on the government and public universities so I don't even think there is a conspiracy to avoid the cure, much less hide an existing one..

Check out the costs for immunotherapy - 100k/yr. and those aren't a cure.

When they find a cure it will just cost the same as the avg of 5-7 years of treatment with current drugs.

Back