Do you think the UFC will ever merge LHW and HW?

Helmut Zemo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I made a thread a little while ago about how many good fighters there were at HW under 30-yo but the only answer was Struve, iirc.. Who just dropped a round to beyond shot Nogueira. Guys like Arlovski, Hunt, Barnett, Overeem, Mir, Bigfoot, Mitrione, Nelson, Oliynyk, Cro Cop, Nogueira, etc. aren't going to fight for a whole lot longer, are they? Velasquez with his injuries, JDS with the damage he's taken. Then Miocic and Struve are there.. Do HW fights draw as much anymore? They used to be a big deal but I think the sport might have gotten to the point where we're now going to see high quality guys at that weight who aren't great athletes, with how the metagame has been evolving.

No need to. Heavyweight as a division will always go through times when it seems packed and times when it seems bare, but people love watching big dudes throwing down, regardless of technique or skill.

On the surface your idea sounds retarded but if you actually think how many of the top 205ers wouldnt even need to fill out much (or at all) to be 230+. With modern weight cutting, its basically "guys who care about cutting weight and guys who dont"

Do you think they'll ever merge this thread with the wasteland?

I made a thread a little while ago about how many good fighters there were at HW under 30-yo but the only answer was Struve, iirc.. Who just dropped a round to beyond shot Nogueira. Guys like Arlovski, Hunt, Barnett, Overeem, Mir, Bigfoot, Mitrione, Nelson, Oliynyk, Cro Cop, Nogueira, etc. aren't going to fight for a whole lot longer, are they? Velasquez with his injuries, JDS with the damage he's taken. Then Miocic and Struve are there.. Do HW fights draw as much anymore? They used to be a big deal but I think the sport might have gotten to the point where we're now going to see high quality guys at that weight who aren't great athletes, with how the metagame has been evolving.

hell no.
there's enough difference between HW's, no need to do this.

No. How would they manage that? The gap is way too big for that to happen.

Most HWs arent over 250 so its not a terrible idea but the current lhws who get hit a lot will not like the change.

Lol where do u guys come up with this stuff

Back